Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

What are the differences between "Process Flowchart form" and "Process Flow Diagram form"?

morteza

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello all,

In AIAG core tools forms, there are two forms entitled Process flowchart and Process flow diagram as follows:
1554101973560.png

1554101916034.png

As you see they include different symbols specially Process flow diagram which include diamond for fabrication.
My questions are:
  • What are the differences between these two forms?
  • What are their applications?
  • Why does not these forms include similar symbols (e.g. circle for operation or fabrication)?
Thanks all

morteza

Quite Involved in Discussions
Flowchart Symbols

Process Flow Diagram Symbols

Pretty much the same. Your internal definitions are what matters.
Hi Marc,

My understanding was that different forms would inspire that they have different applications. Specially one of them (Process Flow Diagram) includes product/process characteristics.

Is it necessary that the column "product/process characteristics" (including special characteristics) to be included in Process Flow Diagram or Process Flowchart?

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
I checked my template files and most of them have only your "Process Flow Diagram". This one looks like the one I would use with my CP and PFMEA, as Morteza mentions above.

I do have one template workbook that that has a 3rd option.

1554923042424.png

I'm not sure about the uses of the Process/Inspection Flowchart and this one.

I guess this wasn't very helpful... good luck.

Hi Marc,

My understanding was that different forms would inspire that they have different applications. Specially one of them (Process Flow Diagram) includes product/process characteristics.

Is it necessary that the column "product/process characteristics" (including special characteristics) to be included in Process Flow Diagram or Process Flowchart?
Hi Morteza,
I have the same question as you. If we are going to consider all those process characteristics in Control Plan or FMEA that it doesn't make any sense to describe that in the process flow chart.

Top Bottom