What are the requirements of a Auditor for a Certification Body ?

D

Dchauhan

Hello Everyone,

Recently got a interview call from certification body for Auditor post.
As per there job description they need a person who can do audits individually and can implement ISO 9001 in an organization.
Personally I am a lead Auditor in ISO 9001.

I am very keen for this job, can any help what should I prepare for this interview???? :confused:
Which topics should i go first.:read:

Appreciate for helpful thoughts.:thanks:

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Requirements of Auditor for certification body

Did they contact you or did you approach them? Personally, if they approached you, I'd be very wary. It's highly unusual for a CB to solicit ISO 9001 Lead Auditors - there are many of them. They shouldn't be asking about implementation, either. If the CB is accredited under the IAF scheme, they will know it's a job about auditing - nothing more.

Something smells fishy to me. I've had personal experience of a CB who recruits in this manner. Unless you go in with eyes wide open, including knowing their reputation in the market - both customer facing and "inside", then I'd run in the other direction!

Big Jim

Admin

Did they contact you or did you approach them? Personally, if they approached you, I'd be very wary. It's highly unusual for a CB to solicit ISO 9001 Lead Auditors - there are many of them. They shouldn't be asking about implementation, either. If the CB is accredited under the IAF scheme, they will know it's a job about auditing - nothing more.

Something smells fishy to me. I've had personal experience of a CB who recruits in this manner. Unless you go in with eyes wide open, including knowing their reputation in the market - both customer facing and "inside", then I'd run in the other direction!

To add to Andy's post, it would be interesting to know why they want someone that can implement an ISO 9001 system. It could simply be that they want an auditor that understands what it takes to set up a system, which I believe makes them a better auditor. If they are expecting you to actually do both, you certainly need to know more of what they are after. Perhaps it is a consulting company and they are recruiting internal auditors and want people they can developing into consultants.

Anyway, there are some red flags here and you should explore them.

D

Dchauhan

Thanks Andy!!

First of all gotta call from a job consultant regarding this opening.
In exact "to take care of QMS RELATED Audits & Taking care of Implementation in ISO 9001:2008 & QMS MODULE" these are the words quoted by him via mail about the job profile.

But after telephonic interview I know that they need a person for audits.

D

Dchauhan

To add to Andy's post, it would be interesting to know why they want someone that can implement an ISO 9001 system. It could simply be that they want an auditor that understands what it takes to set up a system, which I believe makes them a better auditor. If they are expecting you to actually do both, you certainly need to know more of what they are after. Perhaps it is a consulting company and they are recruiting internal auditors and want people they can developing into consultants.

Anyway, there are some red flags here and you should explore them.
Here I would like to change the topic from job description to what I need. Plz tell me what should I focus for this job??? What I should I read or keep in mind while preparing for this job.

AndyN

Moved On

Thanks Andy!!

First of all gotta call from a job consultant regarding this opening.
In exact "to take care of QMS RELATED Audits & Taking care of Implementation in ISO 9001:2008 & QMS MODULE" these are the words quoted by him via mail about the job profile.

But after telephonic interview I know that they need a person for audits.

So are you clear? Is this a CB auditor position? Or is it a consultant position with auditing opportunities, as in internal audits, gap analysis etc? If you don't know what to do etc as a consultant, you may find you're worse off than in your current situation. If it's a CB job, check before you make the change. Agencies are notorious for finding people - perhaps like you - to apply for positions, when those people aren't qualified. Beware.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello Everyone,

Recently got a interview call from certification body for Auditor post.
As per there job description they need a person who can do audits individually and can implement ISO 9001 in an organization.
Personally I am a lead Auditor in ISO 9001. (my emphasis)
I am very keen for this job, can any help what should I prepare for this interview???? :confused:
Which topics should i go first.:read:

Appreciate for helpful thoughts.:thanks:

When you say you are a lead auditor, do you mean that you are registered by an audit body (e.g. IRCA) or do you mean that you passed the lead auditor training course?

There is quite a difference, as to be registered you also need to demonstrate that you have conducted a number of audits.

By the way, I agree with Andy's and Jim's comments - beware.

Big Jim

Admin
Directly to the point, start by studying the ISO 9001:2008 Standard.

Concentrate on element 1.2, and sections 3 through 8. Outline it in your own words of you need to but make sure you know what is in each of those areas.

Next, go to the web site for TC-176. That is the Technical Committee that wrote and is responsible for ISO 9001:2008. Find the list of interpretations that provide more insight to what is meant in the standard. On the same web site you will find guidance from the Auditing Practice Group. There is a lot there and you will not be able to read it all in one sitting, but it is tremendously helpful in understand what to look for in audits.

If you have not done so yet, take the lead auditor's course. The entity that is hiring you may be willing to put you through that course, but if they don't, you will find it invaluable for where you are going.

All of this will help you be a better consultant.

Finally, nothing really takes the place of getting in there and doing the work.

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm sorry but if you don't know what the expectations are for an auditor you may not possess the requisite competencies to be one, especially for CB work unless of course it's a non-accredited CB.

Requirements for auditors are covered in the lead auditor course you should have taken and successfully accomplished, so if you haven't taken one yet there's no way that you can perform valid accredited audits.

D

Dchauhan

When you say you are a lead auditor, do you mean that you are registered by an audit body (e.g. IRCA) or do you mean that you passed the lead auditor training course?

There is quite a difference, as to be registered you also need to demonstrate that you have conducted a number of audits.

By the way, I agree with Andy's and Jim's comments - beware.
Colin,

I am not certified auditor, I have only passed the Lead auditor course.
What I do or have experience of Internal audits of our own system.

Top Bottom