What Constitutes a Document Change? Company Logo Revision

V

vsedriver

Our company recently revised our logo. As ISO EMS rep I want to put the new logo on all our forms. Can I just update the logo or does this require a "Document Change Request Form" and include a revision number?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: What constitues a Document Change?

Our company recently revised our logo. As ISO EMS rep I want to put the new logo on all our forms. Can I just update the logo or does this require a "Document Change Request Form" and include a revision number?
A logo may make the document look "nice."
The intent of the document is not changed.
No document change request required.
It would be a waste of time and money.

Stijloor.

V

vsedriver

Thank you. That's what I thought but was advised that any change needed a DCR form. I will go ahead and update the 'look'.

P

potdar

I suggest you should go ahead and write a blanket DCR declaring that the look of the header for all forms in current use (attach list with current revision) will be modified wef some record date (sample attached). A fresh revision number is not being issued to record this change. Present stocks with current header will remain acceptable till the existing stocks are consumed.

This will help you put a record of the fact and date of change in place and also save unnecessary paperwork.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: What Constitutes a Document Change?

Just change the logo. No biggie, unless you've documented something else in your policies or procedures.

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: What Constitutes a Document Change?

Does it have anything to do with the contents, use or meaning of the document itself?

To be honest, as an auditor your logo, unless there would be some environmental impact involved or loss of control, would be one of the last things I'd even care about.

I just went through this same scenario with a couple clients, one day one logo, the next day another....Wham-Bam, just as potdar said above

D

ddunn

While in general changing your logo is no big deal, I would check to ensure that it really is no big deal. One company I worked for changed their logo color due to copyright infringement problems. All documents and forms with the old logo had to be removed from use and reissued with the new logo. Since there was an interchangeability issue the new documents and forms needed a new revision to ensure the old ones were not used. Sometimes a change like this may not affect the technical content but does affect the legal information.

A blanket DCR is a good idea. That way the change impact can be evaluated and documented. The DCR may seem like a waste of time and money but it could save a lot of headaches down the road.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
just to throw something else into the mix, a document change request form is not a requirement in the standard...this would be something that is specified by the organization. (for any new folks who may be trying to learn the requirements of the standard)

P

potdar

just to throw something else into the mix, a document change request form is not a requirement in the standard...this would be something that is specified by the organization. (for any new folks who may be trying to learn the requirements of the standard)
Steel,

If the OP talks about a DCR, the QMS in his organisation needs it. It may be a superfluous requirement, but not an NC.

I think we should offer him a way to handle the situation while meeting his requirements without much trouble. Two streams of thought seem to emerge - no DCR and blanket DCR.

Are you suggesting a third - change in QMS?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Nope, just pointing out that a change request form is purely a requirement of the organization, not a document required by ISO standard. ETA: Also, just to be clear, I never suggested that using a document change request form is a nonconformance.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Definition Controlled Document Definition - What constitutes a controlled document? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
K What constitutes design under 9001? Design and Development of Products and Processes 15
shimonv FDA released final guidance documents on what constitutes a significant change Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Requirements/guidance on what constitutes the Manufacturers "Address" EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S What constitutes an “expert” with respect to a NB auditor? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Q What constitutes current technical data? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
S What constitutes Major and Minor changes in Software Software Quality Assurance 7
T What constitutes a Management Review? Informal Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S What constitutes a Medical Device Technical File "Family?" EU Medical Device Regulations 6
K What constitutes (is defined as) as a Medical Device? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
R Supplier Quality - What constitutes a Reject? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
K What constitutes QUALITY OBJECTIVES! I have problem with my auditor ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
H What constitutes a PRR? Had a non conformance at customer but... Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
R What Constitutes a Field-Failure? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S What Constitutes "Manufacturers Claims" about a product? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Definition Procedure vs. Instruction - What constitutes a procedure? What are the differences? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 15
V What Constitutes Customer QA (Quality Assurance)? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
T Design Input vs. Design Output - What constitutes Design Input? Design and Development of Products and Processes 11
D What constitutes a "significant change" in software AND what does not Software Quality Assurance 7
S What Constitutes an Excellent Quality Manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 18
I What constitutes 'design'? We remanufacture products to OEM specifications. Design and Development of Products and Processes 15
F ISO 9001:2000 Clause 4.2.4 - Control of Quality Records - What constitutes a record? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 42
E Do anyone have document of automotive production risk and control of risk? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
Q Document representation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Document Control of Online Management Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
W Document control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
D Increasing efficiency - Capt. Proj. Document Review Matrix Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
A ISO 9001:2015 8.5.6 and 7.5.3 Document Control Questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
qualprod Sheets into a spreadsheet document control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J Document Changes that don't have to be approved Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
D Electronic Document Management System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
M Document Control - Applying Suitable Identification to Obsolete Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Document Control Question involving DocuSign US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
M Document Control ISO and FDA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
D Document Change Approval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
R Does anyone use iQMS for their ISO based document control? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
C Document Identification Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
B Document retention Policy for Japan's PMDA Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
B Document Retention Policy for NMPA China Medical Device Regulations 1
B Document Retention period for MHRA submission UK Medical Device Regulations 0
A If document coding is change will there be a revision Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Document numbering question? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Quality policy review document IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
dpenbert AS9100 7.5.3 - Manual Document Control AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
S Software design document NMPA guidance and consultant China Medical Device Regulations 4
qualprod Is it worth to document all the processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Help in document control procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
P Which MDCG Document should I use for PMS Plan and PSUR? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N API Q1, Management of Change & Document Change Request Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
J Project management Document. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4