What constitutes current technical data?

Q

QA_Newbie2000

What constitutes current technical data?
I know the question seems obvious, but here is the scenario:
I have a copy of a CMM from the OEM that is at Revision 14. When I check the OEM website I see that the latest CMM is Rev. 14, however there is mention that there is Temporary Revision (XX-YYY) to the manual.
Am I obligated to get the temporary revision to the manual, or can I wait until the next time the manual is fully released?
Thanks
~Wolf

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: Technical Data

Hello Wolf,

When updating OEM manuals it's generally done on the basis of whether the update is relevant to your needs and controls. So it may be helpful to find out what that temporary change was about. Can you find out without buying the manual?

Q

QA_Newbie2000

Do I have the leeway to assess the change?
145.109 states:
(d) A certificated repair station must maintain, in a format acceptable to the FAA, the documents and data required for the performance of maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations under its repair station certificate and operations specifications in accordance with part 43. The following documents and data must be current and accessible when the relevant work is being done:
(1) Airworthiness directives,
(2) Instructions for continued airworthiness,
(3) Maintenance manuals,
(4) Overhaul manuals,
(5) Standard practice manuals,
(6) Service bulletins, and
(7) Other applicable data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.

My concern is how current is current? I know we need the latest released copy, but do I need the TR's as well?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shimonv FDA released final guidance documents on what constitutes a significant change Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Requirements/guidance on what constitutes the Manufacturers "Address" EU Medical Device Regulations 7
SteveK What constitutes an “expert” with respect to a NB auditor? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S What constitutes Major and Minor changes in Software Software Quality Assurance 7
T What constitutes a Management Review? Informal Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S What constitutes a Medical Device Technical File "Family?" EU Medical Device Regulations 6
K What constitutes (is defined as) as a Medical Device? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
R Supplier Quality - What constitutes a Reject? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
K What constitutes QUALITY OBJECTIVES! I have problem with my auditor ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
H What constitutes a PRR? Had a non conformance at customer but... Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
R What Constitutes a Field-Failure? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Definition Controlled Document Definition - What constitutes a controlled document? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
S What Constitutes "Manufacturers Claims" about a product? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
V What Constitutes a Document Change? Company Logo Revision Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 12
T Definition Procedure vs. Instruction - What constitutes a procedure? What are the differences? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 15
V What Constitutes Customer QA (Quality Assurance)? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
T Design Input vs. Design Output - What constitutes Design Input? Design and Development of Products and Processes 11
D What constitutes a "significant change" in software AND what does not Software Quality Assurance 7
S What Constitutes an Excellent Quality Manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 18
I What constitutes 'design'? We remanufacture products to OEM specifications. Design and Development of Products and Processes 15
F ISO 9001:2000 Clause 4.2.4 - Control of Quality Records - What constitutes a record? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 42
W Regarding Requirement for Hi pot & Leakage Current test Station Set-up IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
S Forced ServiceNow validation - No change in our current user and functional requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 6
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
A Earth leakage current test for Permanently installed Large scale MEE IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
T Iec 60601 Impedance and current-carrying capability IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M Informational TGA – Current status of breast implant products in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F Proficiency Testing for ISO 17025: AC Current Ranges ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Touch current in single fault conditions test and earth leakage current in normal conditions test, are they really different tests? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
T Tests IEC 60601-1 - Grounding Resistance, Leakage Current and Dielectric Rigidity in an automated way IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S Calibration - Isolated current meter - Measuring patient auxiliary leakage current Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
Q Raising A CAPA on Current CAPA system US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A SPC for Eddy Current Testing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 28
A Adding Remote Site to Current IATF 16949 Certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Leakage Current test and Dielectric strength for Battery operated ECG device? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M Leakage current measurement with non-frequency-weighted device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
A QMS - Medical Device - New company under a current one ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
E IEC 60335-1 leakage current measurement Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
K Questions on Technical File to show it is current EU Medical Device Regulations 5
H IS there any database for list of CE marked Medical devices and there current status EU Medical Device Regulations 8
B Mains fuses and OVER-CURRENT RELEASES IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
P Adding an additional distributor to a current Mexico Medical Device Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M IEC 60601-1 and Active Current Protection Requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
M Testing a Low Current (Battery) DC Medical Device Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
D Referencing Standards in Procedures - Current version or actual? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
I Curious if a List of Current Standards Revisions Exsists Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
C Touch Current for Exposed Charging Contacts on Bodyworn Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
R Current version of EN62304/A1 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
A Power Traceability certificate for values for voltage, current and phase General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1