What Country is the Leader in Quality?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Aaron Lupo

Re: Quality leader

Andrews said:

Which country can be really called a "Quality Leader" and why
That is a loaded question. What about Japan- umm was it not people from the US that introduced "Quality" to them, becuase the US factories felt they didn't need it??

The Brits- pioneered ISO 9000- no wonder it is such a mess!!
:biglaugh: Just kidding, actually they took a US milatry standard and rewrote it, so once again it leads back to the US.

The Germans pay lip service to the Quality Standards and the French take the opposite opinion of every other country.

The US has the FDA to police the Medical Community, QS was put in place by the Big-3 so they could try and control who could and could not supply them.

I am sure other countries have similar things in place and each does a failrly good job in doing what it was intended to do. But is anyone Country leader in Quality IMHO I would say no.

E

energy

Re: Re: Quality leader

ISO GUY said:

The Brits- pioneered ISO 9000- no wonder it is such a mess!!
:biglaugh: Just kidding, actually they took a US milatry standard and rewrote it, so once again it leads back to the US.
I took the question to mean the trail blazer to Quality. The leader, if you will. We all know that the trails have been paved over and are now called roads.
As for who it is today? It all depends on the type of measuring instrument and who is doing the measuring.

:ko: :smokin:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Andrews,

Was it your intent to ask an unanswerable question? This one seems pretty close.

What is your definition of "quality leader"? I can't even begin to think of my answer without knowing that -- and even them my answer will probably be wrong. :bonk:

A

Al Dyer

Off the wall, but how about the U.S. because of Henry Ford revolutioinizing the mass production process that included part and process interchangability??

Al...:bigwave:

A

Andrews

The reason I asked this question is to
a) to identify the reasons why a particular country is a "Quality Leader" and
b) implement the same in my organisation so that we can become a "Quality Leader".

Andrews

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Andrews said:
The reason I asked this question is to
a) to identify the reasons why a particular country is a "Quality Leader" and
b) implement the same in my organisation so that we can become a "Quality Leader".
Did you follow through? How about a status report?

G

Greg B

Andrews,

Why don't you try the 'Baldridge Awards' - If you can meet those demands then I am sure your compnay will have all of the credentials of a 'Quality Leader'.

I have been led to believe that Australia has the highest per capita business registrations to ISO.

Greg B

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M CE Mark and 510(k) -Global registration requirements for every country Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
DMLqms Country of Origin on Commercial Invoices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Medical device country of origin Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
MDD_QNA Country of origin - Made in EU or Made in Finland? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J In-Country Representative - Thailand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
Z In which country is essential to have and IEC 60601 CB Report? Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
E How do you identify what standards a country recognizes outside of FDA, EU, Health Canada Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
P Notified body located in an other country than manufacturing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Change to Country of Origin on Medical Device Labeling Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
K IoT, AI, Big Data and National Strategies of Other Countries (in your country, do you have any?) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 12
M Medical Device News EU - List of national market surveillance authorities by sector and country EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Is "Made in (Country)" a labelling requirement? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
C Legal requirement for same indications as in Country of Origin Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
F Class IIa/b in-country registrations x5 ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
rob73 Worldwide device regulatory authorities at country level Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
M Forced NOT to meet End Customer Expectations - Corrupt Third World Country ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.2 - Country of Receipt - The provider's or supplier's country? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M IATF:16949 Common Quality Manual - Company is in Country A and Country B Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
K Markets with No Prior Approvals? Without Country of Origin or other Prior Approval Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
L In which country do I certify my company? (ISO 13485) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
M A non-religious country, where you don't drink? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
F Country of Origin or Made In Tags - Where a country is a principality EU Medical Device Regulations 11
Q Efficient way to manage different country Medical Device Regulations Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
K Country/region specific medical device regulatory requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Correlation matrix of ISO 13485 and other country regulations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
D Can country-specific regulatory timelines be shortened if the device has a CE mark? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
P Law restrictions in each country [REACH, CONFLICT MINERALS, Canada Gazette] RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
K DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations) Certs for a Qualifying Country Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
0 ISO 9001:2008 interpretation not the same per country? (Netherlands and France) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Becoming an In Country Entity in Foreign Countries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
Marc Cross Country - Traveling in Style! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
P Certification of an office in different country ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
V Analysis of Raw Materials, as per pharmacopoeia ... of target OR originating country US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Use of Made in XXX Country on Medical Device Labels Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
F Specific Country Requirements for Medical Device Registration in Europe CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
M 7.4.1.1 Statutory & Regulatory Conformity: Legal Requirements of which Country? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
N Foreign Manufacturer requesting FDA's CFG over their country's FSC 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
G Country of Origin Medical Labeling - Foreign Content, Domestic Assembly Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
S Bringing a Medical Device Sample from a Foreign Country into the US 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
S Power Supply Cord Requirements of the Country where the Product is Sold EU Medical Device Regulations 5
C Class I Medical Devices - Country of Origin Marking on Retail Packaging (Labeling) Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
K How do you celebrate Halloween in your country? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 23
V Production Line Change - Moving to another country IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
C Labeling Requirements and COO (Country of Origin) Other US Medical Device Regulations 13
R EU Country Specific Medical Device Registration Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 33
T FTC "Made In U.S.A" Labeling Rules vs. Saudi Arabia's "Country of Origin" Regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
Ajit Basrur Country Comparison - Life Expectancy at Birth Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
B Country CE Mark Registration Requirements in EU (France and Germany) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
R Class III Medical Device in Netherlands - Member State Country Notifications? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J What do you call this calibration device in your country? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10