What CQA Preparation Material helped you to pass the exam?

melissa237

Starting to get Involved
Hello! I apologize if this has been asked before. I am thinking about getting my CQA, I wanted to ask anyone out there that has successfully passed it what materials best helped you to pass the exam?

Thanks a Bunch!
Melissa

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello! I apologize if this has been asked before. I am thinking about getting my CQA, I wanted to ask anyone out there that has successfully passed it what materials best helped you to pass the exam?

Thanks a Bunch!
Melissa
Although it's been a few years now since I took the CQA, my three main sources were The Auditing Handbook from ASQ, Quality Council of Indiana (QCI)'s handbook, and Dennis Arter's book on auditing, which is, I believe, in its 3rd edition now - Quality Auditing for Improvement, I think is the title.

Hope this helps. I brought other resources with me to the exam, but found these 3 to be the most helpful. If I had to rank them in most helpful order, I would say:

1) The Auditing Handbook (ASQ)
2) Dennis Arter's book
3) QCI's manual for the CQA

Best of luck to you!
:bigwave:

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
I would like to understand following two points.
1. website states that there are 15% of questions are framed as case studies; how elaborate and lengthy are these questions
2. how helpfull would be to purchase those question banks, ( either from ASQ 99$ or elsewhere 50$ onwards ; )

pl. suggest,

v9991

I agree and found the Auditing handbook + the reference books to be quite elaborate and adequate to cover the concepts.
can you please throw some light on the query about 'length/nature of questions' and 'utility / differences of the question banks'

v9991

I would like to understand following two points.
1. website states that there are 15% of questions are framed as case studies; how elaborate and lengthy are these questions
2. how helpfull would be to purchase those question banks, ( either from ASQ 99$ or elsewhere 50$ onwards ; )

pl. suggest,
I appreciate and acknowledge that the handbook as invaluable asset both interms of BOK and also probably the exam.

however, the specific question is around exam pattern itself, and
the two sources of question bank.
look forward for your help and comments plz

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
When I last took the exam, the case studies were placed at the end of the exam. You have to read them very carefully because some of them are worded in such a way that it is easy to miss key information. Some of the case studies give more information than others, so the length varies. Just remember that unless instructed otherwise, you are to make your decision based on the information provided, and do not make assumptions.

Personally, I did not purchase any question bank at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M ASQ CQA Exam June 4, 2011 - Best resource for preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 19
A What are the best CQE & CQA preparation books? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
R CQA Primer by the Quality Council of Indiana ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C CQA Test Questions Bank General Auditing Discussions 1
O Examples of Critical process parameter (CPP) and Critical quality attribute (CQA) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Differences in CQE, CSTE, CSQA, CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R CQE vs CQA vs CSSGB vs CWI Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
H CQA Exam - Do I really have to go five hours without a drink? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
P Differences CSQA vs CQA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
P What certifications to take CQA? Software Programmer Career and Occupation Discussions 1
H RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA - Which certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S What Reference Material is allowed in the ASQ CQA Exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H Choosing between RABQSA Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
T ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Self - study help Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J ASQ CQA, RABQSA Internal Auditor, or IRCA Internal Auditor Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
J Study Materials for the CQA Exam June 2, 2012 Professional Certifications and Degrees 17
G ASQ CQA Certification vs. RABQSA or IRCA Lead Auditor Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
R CQE and CQA Training Books/Materials and related Quality Jobs Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
Q CQA (Certified Quality Auditor)? I need all the help I can get. Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
M CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Certification Exam Materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C Need your guideline for CQA exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
W CQA exam qualification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
C RABQSA or IRCA or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Biomedical Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
P Auditing Process Classics - I am planning to take CQA exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
C Bringing a CQA Primer Copy for an exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 14
B Quality Auditor Certification - CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
J Passed ASQ CQA. Next ASQ CQT Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S ASQ Recertification Units (RUs) for my CQE,CQA Recertification Journal ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
G I passed the ASQ-CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
B ASQ - CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam next week !! Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
B CQA vs. CQE - How tough is CQA test compared to CQE test? Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
kedarg6500 Difference in CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) & CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
A CQE or CQA - Which one is better in terms of career progress Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
T What is the best primer to study for the ASQ CQA exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
ScottK RABQSA Certification for ASQ CQA's - Some Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J ASQ's CQA, CQT and CMI Certifications - NEW Sample exams release Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
A Quality Council of Indiana - ASQ's CQE and CQA Certification exam materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
L Impressions of the CQA test and new BoK (Body of Knowledge) Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
howste New ASQ CQA (certified quality auditor) body of knowledge (BOK) General Auditing Discussions 7
Q Passing CQA Exam - Passed on first attempt? Second? A Poll General Auditing Discussions 22
J How to drive CQA - Customer Quality Assurance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
S CQA vs. Six Sigma vs. CRE - Which certification should I persue? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
L ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Test - Any advice for me? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
J Can an ASQ CQA train internal auditors? Internal Auditing 2
B CQA plus RAB training = QSLA status? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
C Raw material Mixing / Preparation for clean room class C injection molding Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
S ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001 Re-Certification Audit Preparation ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
I IATF16949 Audit Preparation, Need "searchable" ANPQP 3.1 or latest IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 12