What CQA Preparation Material helped you to pass the exam?

melissa237

Starting to get Involved
Hello! I apologize if this has been asked before. I am thinking about getting my CQA, I wanted to ask anyone out there that has successfully passed it what materials best helped you to pass the exam?

Thanks a Bunch!
Melissa

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello! I apologize if this has been asked before. I am thinking about getting my CQA, I wanted to ask anyone out there that has successfully passed it what materials best helped you to pass the exam?

Thanks a Bunch!
Melissa

Although it's been a few years now since I took the CQA, my three main sources were The Auditing Handbook from ASQ, Quality Council of Indiana (QCI)'s handbook, and Dennis Arter's book on auditing, which is, I believe, in its 3rd edition now - Quality Auditing for Improvement, I think is the title.

Hope this helps. I brought other resources with me to the exam, but found these 3 to be the most helpful. If I had to rank them in most helpful order, I would say:

1) The Auditing Handbook (ASQ)
2) Dennis Arter's book
3) QCI's manual for the CQA

Best of luck to you!
:bigwave:

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
I would like to understand following two points.
1. website states that there are 15% of questions are framed as case studies; how elaborate and lengthy are these questions
2. how helpfull would be to purchase those question banks, ( either from ASQ 99$ or elsewhere 50$ onwards ; )

pl. suggest,

v9991

I agree and found the Auditing handbook + the reference books to be quite elaborate and adequate to cover the concepts.
can you please throw some light on the query about 'length/nature of questions' and 'utility / differences of the question banks'

v9991

I would like to understand following two points.
1. website states that there are 15% of questions are framed as case studies; how elaborate and lengthy are these questions
2. how helpfull would be to purchase those question banks, ( either from ASQ 99$ or elsewhere 50$ onwards ; )

pl. suggest,
I appreciate and acknowledge that the handbook as invaluable asset both interms of BOK and also probably the exam.

however, the specific question is around exam pattern itself, and
the two sources of question bank.
look forward for your help and comments plz

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
When I last took the exam, the case studies were placed at the end of the exam. You have to read them very carefully because some of them are worded in such a way that it is easy to miss key information. Some of the case studies give more information than others, so the length varies. Just remember that unless instructed otherwise, you are to make your decision based on the information provided, and do not make assumptions.

Personally, I did not purchase any question bank at all.

Top Bottom