What Customers Return Survey Results?

B

biboy2012

I would be very interested to hear any comments you may have, I noted that customers complete/fill out surveys when they are:

1. Very happy
2. Unhappy
3. In e-mail medium, I noted that one customer replied to my suvery but never fill them in. I mean he abstain from voting by replying with a blank. Perhaps he only wants to send a message that he received the survey. Nothing more.
4. In walk-in (face-to-face) medium, several customers (5+?) refuses to answer survey. They said, "It does nothing."

What are your opinions on the above?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I used to have a book on surveys by Don Dillman, who is considered an industry guru. But I have let go of that book over the years. And I have, in the past had my hands on exactly what you are asking for, but now I don't remember the source.

So I did some research:

Dillman's 2007 edition of Mail and Internet Surveys:a Tailored Approach can be found in Google Books. I did a search using key words "response rate" that produced this list of pages addressing the subject.

Here's an interesting paper on the survey-check format.

This one is about mixing mail and web methods.

Here's an interesting blog titled 5 Myths of Customer Satisfaction.

Another insightful online article is Predicting Customer Loyalty Without Surveys.

I hope this helps!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Sharing QMS Documents with Customers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
D Customer Specific Requirements / Customer Requirements for Indirect Customers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
B Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification for military customers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
P ISO 9001 certification with zero customers? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 7
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
NDesouza When Customers Make Changes to Orders Contract Review Process 24
T Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
S Returned product due to Customers fault, is it a Non-Conformance? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO 9001 audits from the perspective of registrants' customers - an interesting paper Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
S How to collect complaint data from customers Customer Complaints 24
A CE Mark PPE Category III for our customers residing in the EU CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Ed Panek Requirement to track and trend positive feedback from customers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
R Medical Device (IVD) - Selling RUO to Customers EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T Restricting scope of AS9100 certification to a couple of customers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C What are rules to notify customers if IATF cert is put on hold? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Concessions - ISO 13485:2016 requires concession approval from customers Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
G AIAG FMEA - Major customers of the FMEA process FMEA and Control Plans 3
C Record retention for defunct customers? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
M Can a foreign manufacturer sell directly to US customers? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
D AS9100D 7.3 Awareness of customers quality policies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 18
A Special Procedures for Non Aerospace Customers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R AS9100 FAI - First Article Inspection to a prior Customers PO AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
B TS16949 Section 8.2.2.3 Product Audit - Requirements for various Customers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
Crimpshrine13 IATF 16949 Audits to include Processes and Products from Non Subscribing Customers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
N Do you make exceptions to your process for customers? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D TS16949 requirements for for Directed Buy Customers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Document Control Management - External documents flowed down from customers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
K ISO 9001:2015 Section 8.5.3 - Property belonging to customers or external providers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Does AS9120 (aerospace first article inspection) apply to all customers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Dual Lot Manufacturing requirements for Clinical Customers Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
A SIPOC (Suppliers Inputs Process Outputs Customers) examples wanted Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
J Potential Customers Asking for EIRs / 483s when evaluating a CRO for future work US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
N Survey to Customers Regarding Our Complaint Response Time Customer Complaints 7
B Creation of CAD solid models using customers supplied drawings AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
S CS2 (Controlled Shipping Level) by GM - CB notified. What about other customers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
E How do you monitor Medical Device Off-Label use by Customers & Medical Professionals EU Medical Device Regulations 5
C Notification to Customers regarding Major Audit Finding IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
C Clause 7.2 with no customers (yet) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T IMDS - MDS request for parts supplied to multiple customers RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 15
T Are Customers required to follow a Manufacturers Maintenance Schedule? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
L PPAP Approval Woes - Getting signed PSW's back from Customers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 15
R LinkedIn Customers Allege Company Hacked E-Mail Addresses After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
S Can we be both TS16949 for Automotive Customers and ISO 9001 for other Customers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
K ISO 9001 vs. ISO 13485 Registration - Approximately 1/3 of our customers are medical ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
G Supplier Quality Questionnaire - Asking who our customers are Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
Q Internal Laboratory Services - Selling Services to "Outside" Customers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1