What do you do with old ASQ Quality Progress Magazines?

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
I have been having them delivered to my job for the last 4+ years and am now moving on.

I guess I should take a cue from Lean thinking and and say - "toss 'em" because I've never really used them for reference and they're just clutter. I read them and add them to the pile.

I will keep the Journals I get, though.

what do you do with them?

A

arios

Re: What do you do with old ASQ Quality Progress Mags?

In the trash....(sorry, recycling)

No please, don't trash them.

If you no longer want them you could have them donated to a local university, library, or even to a Good Will store. They contain good information about quality tools which can be useful for the students, or even in your organization you could have them on the lobby for visitors to read.

I am pretty sure they are better reading material than many other magazines.

Greetings

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
They should be sending them out as 'e-books' (or 'e-magazines' {a terminology issue}) or pdf files. The ASQ is *so* far behind the curve that sometimes it amazes me. Print magazines need to die.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
I hoard them. Many of the articles are available .pdf...for a price - or I can root them out in my basement for free.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
ASQ makes 100% of recent and most old issues (back to 1995) available to members via internet. Most, if not all, are pdf files.

I, too, used to hoard my old issues. I used to make a big note and tape it to the cover with article names and page numbers of "stuff" I thought might be 'handy" one day.

I still prefer to read the print edition (nice reading on train or plane when power to run a laptop is not available to recharge the laptop battery), but I have gradually weaned myself from my pack rat ways and now throw out each issue once the new issue arrives. Rarely, I come across an article that strikes me as worthwhile in an educational way and I simply tear it out as a reminder to download it in pdf format next time I visit the ASQ website, THEN I trash it.

I often tear out and post the Mr. Pareto Head cartoon for a week or two just to give me a laugh from time to time before I throw it, too, out in the recycle bin.

I think of the print vs. internet version this way: Many members only have internet access at work and managements frown on "casual reading" and may discipline some poor soul who can't show a valid connection between every article he reads on the internet (especially the cartoon!) and some value added to the job. Other old fossils like me prefer to hold the magazine to read at the kitchen or cafe table, on a plane or train, or in an easy chair at home.

Quality Progress
All articles published in Quality Progress since 1995 are available online to ASQ Full, Associate, Site, Enterprise and Student members. Selected online articles are available to Forum/Division members and non-members.
If you would like access to all Quality Progress online articles, JOIN NOW.
Other ASQ Magazines and Journals
If you subscribe to another ASQ magazine or journal, you have access to all online articles from that publication, including articles from back issues.
Articles published prior to 2008 are also available to ASQ Full members without a subscription. Forum/Division members have access to those articles that are relevant to their Forum/Division affiliation.
Enterprise and Site members have access to all articles in all issues.
Co-published Journals
ASQ co-publishes Quality Engineering and Technometrics. Online access to articles in those publications is available to subscribers only.

Top Bottom