What does a Quality Manager get paid?

T

Tom from Clayton

To continue with the "What does the Quality Manager" series I would like to find out what kind of salaries QA managers can expect. Naturally, I'm considering jumping from this business that I'm in to a much larger one as a QA manager (and Management Rep). The job description says the salary is "comparable". This company probably has anywhere from 1 to 3 thousand employees at this location and it's primary customer is the U.S gov't. I don't have a clue what comparable is and sure would like anyones thoughts. Obviously, nobody wants to reveal what their salary is so maybe they can mention what somebody elses salary is. Thanks.

T

tomvehoski

Quality Progress Magazine (American Society for Quality) does an annual survey on salaries. It is pretty comphrensive. I believe it is in the October issue, which will be out soon - or you can check back to last years. They do breakdowns of region, title, years experience and many other factors.

Tom

J

JodiB

Check with Monster

Tom,

Tom's suggestion is very good, but for immediate info you can also go to Monster.com and try two things: search out quality manager jobs to check for listed salaries, and do a salary check on their salary tool.

You can try Careerbuilder.com also.

FWIW, I haven't seen any QM jobs listed that paid more than 75K unless there was regulatory work involved for medical industry, so this obviously isn't the most lucrative field to be in.

E

energy

Re: Check with Monster

Lucinda said:

FWIW, I haven't seen any QM jobs listed that paid more than 75K unless there was regulatory work involved for medical industry, so this obviously isn't the most lucrative field to be in.

I'll take it!!
:p :ko: :smokin:

D

Dean P.

We're a Tier I supplier to all automotive manufacturers. A QM in this industry up here typically makes $70K - $90K.

BUT keep in mind, this is Canadian funds, so once you convert to US$, they're probably just above minimum wage.;)

J

Jimmy Olson

Hello everyone. This is a bit off topic, but along the same lines. Does anyone know how much an auditor makes (working for a registrar for example). I've tried looking on a couple different salary sites, but have had no luck. If anyone has a range or know where I could find out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

L

Laura M

I've heard 500 - 800 per day. Registrar of course charge 1000-1200, with the rest paying for overhead and of course profit.

Pretty close to consultant fees, although some consultants get alot more.

A

Aaron Lupo

Richard Olson said:

Hello everyone. This is a bit off topic, but along the same lines. Does anyone know how much an auditor makes (working for a registrar for example). I've tried looking on a couple different salary sites, but have had no luck. If anyone has a range or know where I could find out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Laura is right on! A subcontract auditor will make about 600/per day plus expenses. On the other hand an auditor that works full-time for a Registrar/Notified body will make between 40k-80kplus depending on their filed of expertise (an audior in the Medical Device Industry tends to make a little more).

A

Aaron Lupo

Now back to the original question, how much does a QM make. Typical is about 60-75k depending on the size of the company and area of the country. I have seen adds for QM's well over 120k per year and as low as 25k per year. From what you say for a company of 1k to 3k I would say 70-80k would be the range you are looking at. i know the QM where I work gets paid about 50k for a privately held company of about 120 people, but then again I work in the Medical Device Industry so the salary will be a little higher than at a widget maker. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom