What ever happened to ISO 9000-1,-2 etc

G

gutieg

The foreword of ISO 9000:2000 says that it replaces ISO 8402 (Vocabulary); ISO 9001:2000 replaces all of the previous certifiable standards, ISO 9001, 9002 and 9003; ISO 9004:2000 replaces ISO 9004-1:1994.
So the question is :
Are ISO 900-1,ISO 9000-2, ISO 900-3 and ISO 9004-2 Still valid or obsolete ?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

IMHO Still "valid" unitl the mandatory transition to 9000:2000 guidelines kicks in on Dec 15th 2003.... From what I understand during that period companies can hold "valid" certificate to either/or during the transition period.

Regards
Jim

D

Dan Larsen

The new standard is universal. It allows companys to "write themselves out of" those requirements that don't apply. For example, if you don't design, then you simply state that you don't design and therefore the requirements of 7.3 do not apply. Keep in mind, though, that exclusions only apply to clauses contained in section 7 (Product Realization)

A

Aaron Lupo

You can still be registered to 9000:94 from 6 months after the release of 9K2K, IMHO if you are not ISO certified yet, I would would go for 9K2K. As far as when you have to comply with 9K2K is registrar dependent, some Registrars are saying we are giving you two years, and others are giving the full three years. If you are registered I would call you Registrar and see what they are doing.

Yes, you can write out the sections that do not apply, but remember as with 9000:94 you could decide that you didn't want to comply with design control, therefore you are ISO 9002. Now with ISO 9K2K if you do design you cannot exclude it from the scope of your registration. Even if you subcontract design out you still cannot exclude it, you have to comply with design control still. There will be no more certificates for 9001, 9002, 9003, all certificates will now be 9001:2000.

[This message has been edited by ISO GUY (edited 20 February 2001).]

G

gutieg

Thanks all of you for the information. I think ISO should (or may I say SHALL ?) provide more information on the implementation and consecuences of this new revision on the whole scenario. It is also my opinion after reading the standard that the standard is still too manufaturing biased, I do not know why they are saying that is fully applicable to services, when it is completely different, for example of ISO 9002-2.

Thanks again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J What ever happened to Medical Device Risk Management, anyway? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 17
R Mix Multi-Site/Individual Certification - Has this ever happened to anyone? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
Q What ever happened to the "Process is not systemic" finding ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Jim Wynne Virus Hoaxes or, What Ever Happened to Fact-Checking? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
T What ever happened to MIL-STD-45662A and MIL-HANDBOOK-52 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
E Interesting Discussion Was this the fastest ever stage 2 ISO9001:2015 audit? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 76
Q Have you ever "excluded" certain job descriptions from the QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Sam Lazzara Notified Body CE Project Manager - Worst job ever? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Claes Gefvenberg Worst measuring equipment ever? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
F Is Testing ever a legitimate Risk Mitigation? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
Marc Lake Mead Plunges To Lowest Level Ever - 2016 World News 10
P Has anyone ever heard of the Eastern Weighing and Inspection Bureau? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
Hershal First ever college football playoff? 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Q REACH due dilligence and meeting the ever moving SVHC target RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
H Most Poorly Written FDA Warning Letter Ever? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
D ?Pa? Capability Index - Has anyone ever heard of this? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
drgnrider How to control documents that most likely won't change ever ? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
M What is the best question you have ever been asked? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
C Have you Ever Wished You Could Audit Your CB Registrars and Notified Bodies 24
P Has anyone ever heard of "Quality Gates" (Volkswagen term?) - APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 11
I Has anyone ever heard of Registrar QSRD-International? Registrars and Notified Bodies 36
K Have you ever behaved differently because you were being watched? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
S Have you ever "used" an auditor to achieve a goal? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
J Ever heard of having a Controlled SOP template? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
L Dry Lube Application (Ever lube 620) - Manual Application vs. Automated Spray Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Ever gone "Dry-Dock fishing?" Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
M Best Problem Statement Ever - (Caution - Childish Scatalogical Humor Ahead!) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
S As a Customer, have you ever been Surveyed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 12
D Using Regrind - Anyone ever used a deduster to improve quality of material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
apestate FAA Regulations: Is it ever OK to sign off on nonconforming type certified parts? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 8
R MSDS Sheets for Products - How much is too much - Or is there ever too much? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 12
S Cappsnt Software - Has anyone ever used Cappsnt software for a CMM? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Jim Wynne The Lamest Nigerian Scam Email Ever Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
Manix The Toughest Decision I have ever had to make! Director or Quality Engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 16
R CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - Ever heard CMMI? Software Quality Assurance 5
0 Anyone ever worked with the program Rapidminer to datamine databases Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
B Help with Submitting Part Layout Dimensionals - My first ever PPAP (to GM) APQP and PPAP 5
T Resolution Analysis - Has anyone ever performed a Resolution Analysis? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C Has anyone ever heard of Informance software? Monitors machine uptime/downtime (OEE) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 11
N Ever heard of GJB 9001A-2001 Standard? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
J Has anyone ever been harmed by a CMM (coordinate measuring machine)? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
I Have you ever heard about TOSI (polymer)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
GStough Microsoft InfoPath - Anyone Ever Used This? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A Has anyone ever written a Quoting Process? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
Marc How fast is the fastest you have ever driven a land vehicle? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 105
J As a consultant, have you ever fired a client? If so, when? Consultants and Consulting 54
C Ever come across an ISO 9001 certificate with more than 3 years validity period? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 35
GStough Anyone Here Ever Move from ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 into AS9100? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
J Ever see/do a presentation in an interview? Career and Occupation Discussions 19
C GME 00004 + GME 60271 - Anyone ever heard of these norms for GM? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1