What happens after the corrections have been made when audited?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
We were audited and have implemented all of the corrective actions. What happens next?
Verify the root causes have been removed from the system to stop recurrence of the nonconformities.

…and that the relevant procedures have been updated.

Then update each corrective action request with a description of the actions taken; close them when confident the actions were effective in stopping recurrence.

Newb2Quality

Starting to get Involved
Verify the root causes have been removed from the system to stop recurrence of the nonconformities.

…and that the relevant procedures have been updated.

Then update each corrective action request with a description of the actions taken; close them when confident the actions were effective in stopping recurrence.
You need to verify that the corrections have been and are effective. (Is it working the way it's supposed to?)

Thanks, I think I understand... I have to update our non-conformity log to include the audit findings, then write the corrective actions on CAPA's, then do RCA on all the non-conformities. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And...After that is complete, do I notify the auditors to do a check up or do I submit this information to them?

Randy

Super Moderator
After that is complete, do I notify the auditors to do a check up or do I submit this information to them?
If it's 3rd party CB stuff it depends on what the CB requires, not the auditor. Where I do my work the clients are provided an internet "portal" to post the CA's and an automatic notification is sent to the auditor or whoever is the designated person to review "proposed" CA's to accept or decline. In the case of acceptance, the client receives an automatic notification as such and they proceed to implement and perform verification of effectiveness prior to the next scheduled audit when everything should be closed out (you still have to do your implementation, verification and closure, failure to do so can be ugly).

Your CB should be telling you this and instructions should be in the body of the report. Everyone does it different. Your auditor can't tell you how to correct anything, but he should tell you the expectations of what must be in place. Done it 1000+ times.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M What happens to certifications if the issuing certification body loses accreditation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R What happens during a Stage 1 MDSAP audit? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A Brazil: Termination of business relations with BRH – what happens to registrations? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
I How to handle pending FSN when incident happens? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C Acquiring an IATF 16949 Certified Company - What happens at the next audit? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R In this type of Legal Manufacturer-CMO arrangement, what happens to the DHR? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D What happens when a company loses ISO 9001 recertification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
B What happens to your ISO 9001 registration if you are acquired by a Company Without ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T What happens in an ISO 9001:2008 Re-Certification Audit? General Auditing Discussions 11
Marc What happens when computers stop shrinking? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
A What happens if an External Audit NC (Nonconformance) is not closed in 90 days? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B What happens if we evaluate supplier as not approved and there are no anothers? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
T Already ISO 9001 Certified - What happens when we get ISO 13485 registered? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
Marc What happens when sleepwalkers go online After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
R Control of Non-conforming Goods (Product) - Tracking what happens to the goods ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
P ISO14001 Certification - What happens if we have several minor audit findings Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
A Only One Automotive Customer - If we lose that customer, what happens to our cert? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M What happens if a Major or Minor Nonconformance is found during Surveillance Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
L Looking for a universal(?) example to illustrate what happens when an error occurs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
B FMEA Evolution: What Happens to Recommended Actions? FMEA and Control Plans 7
F Cpk higher than Cp - Explain the relationship and why this happens? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 12
I 21 CFR 806 Corrections and Removals Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
S Corrections not allowed during audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
qualprod Do we have to document all corrections and corrective actions in ISO 9001 10.2.2 ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
G Differences - Nonconformances vs CAPA, Corrections vs Corrective Actions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 22
S Corrections and Removals - Fiber Content in our textile products was incorrect Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
J How to document Corrections made to a Medical Device History File ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Help interpreting 21 CFR Part 806 (corrections and removals) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K 21 CFR Part Part 803 Corrections - Due Diligence - Contacting MIA Consignees US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S FDA Corrections & Removals - Industry Practice for Repairs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
P Pressure Corrections and associated MU for Dead Weight Testers Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
J Minor Corrections to Documented Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
B Recall vs. Field Correction - Field Corrections instead of a Recall US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 25
K Relationship between "Corrections/Removals" procedure and "Recall" procedure US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 11
G Track bugs, corrections, reports and progress - Test Management Tools suggestions Software Quality Assurance 4
A Confused - Medical Device Reports and Corrections/Removals 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Q Rectification and/or Corrections to existing 'incomplete' records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 7
M Where do you address Stock Recovery? In your corrections and removal procedure? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
C Corrections and Removals and Advisory Notices: 21 CFR 806 (Procedure needed) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Q QMS documentation changes - Typos and grammar corrections ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Howard Atkins Corrections to the 4th edition PPAP handbook - July 2006 APQP and PPAP 9
howste Seeking: ISO registered training/corrections companies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R Stupid Responses to CARs - Long Term Corrections or Root Causes Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 47
Richard Regalado Informational ISO/IEC 27001:2022 has been published IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
PaulJSmith Been Away For Awhile Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
J Has the facility been inspected? question in Certificate to Foreign Government application Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
H Should we stop inspecting a part if its never been rejected? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
Beth Savage Half our presidents have been above average Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 29
L Have been purchased by a corporate company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Louddogsbark When your 13485:2016 certificate has been pulled ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2