What has more weight: Master Print or Part Submission Warrant?

V

vardar3

A supplier is not making parts to print.
  • He supplied a PSW with 2 major exception on it. One for Outer Diameter and the other for Rockwell.
  • I don't want to sign the PPAP, but my Quality guy said I can sign it, because he will still be held to print.
  • I disagree, but I thought it was an interesting scenario.
  • Do you think if the supplier states exceptions on the Part Submission Warrant that he will still be held to print. Do exception hold up like that?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
A supplier is not making parts to print.
  • He supplied a PSW with 2 major exception on it. One for Outer Diameter and the other for Rockwell.
  • I don't want to sign the PPAP, but my Quality guy said I can sign it, because he will still be held to print.
  • I disagree, but I thought it was an interesting scenario.
  • Do you think if the supplier states exceptions on the Part Submission Warrant that he will still be held to print. Do exception hold up like that?

If you sign the warrant without conditions, that is, if you give complete approval, you are agreeing to accept nonconforming material in the future.

Suppliers should never be allowed to submit PPAP when there are nonconforming conditions until the situation has be reconciled to the satisfaction of both parties.

V

vardar3

If you sign the warrant without conditions, that is, if you give complete approval, you are agreeing to accept nonconforming material in the future.

Suppliers should never be allowed to submit PPAP when there are nonconforming conditions until the situation has be reconciled to the satisfaction of both parties.

Sounds right. Our problem is that the customer wants a full level three PPAP, with all our supplier issues ironed out. We are already into production.
  • We didn't include the customer in on our suplier quality issues, so now we kinda F#^k ourselfs.
  • Looking back I just wish we were up front with the customer from the beginning.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Your quality guy is wrong. The ppap is essentially a line in the sand. Any exceptions would be approved. Now is the time to get the exceptions resolved.

If you are in production, it would appear the out of spec. parts are not having a detrimental effect. Can you resolve the exceptions with a pencil -- ie; change the print?

V

vardar3

It is eventually going to be a print change. Unfortinately, we made revision after revision change, and it took us up until OUR PPAP deadline to realize that the supplier can't make it to print. So now we have to give tolerance relief.

Top Bottom