What Has The Elsmar Cove Done For You??

J

Jason PCSwitches

[FONT=&quot]For my 100th post (yeah) I thought I would celebrate by expressing my gratitude to all those involved with the Cove for the wonderful wealth of knowledge and insight that this site makes available to everyone, especially rookies like me.

This site has been one of my main sources of information and has helped me tremendously. Because of the contributions and resources available at the Cove I have been able to accomplish great leaps in my professional career in a very short amount of time.

Kudos to Mark for making it happen and to all those who contribute. :applause:

Now, how has this site helped you??[/FONT]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

George Weiss

What the Cove has done for me:
I have found the Cove to be a slice of life, in that it is not what I want some times, but has it’s advantages in moderation.
  1. I have been allowed to access people whom I would otherwise not met due to the limited circles I travel.
  2. I have been allowed a fly-on-the-wall view to other people’s very candid beliefs and opinions, along with some very accurate directions to good information.
  3. In a world of many solitary good people, it is a place where some of them along with the rest of the socially effective mingle effectively on a focused technical subject of interest.
  4. I learned to post comments with smiley faces!
This is anonymous post right? :lmao: :sarcasm: :cool:

T

tbsiva

Wow..Its a great forum to get the access of various experts through out the globe... Great forum of learning... Even for the things what we think that we know already, the opinion of others makes us to think from a different point of view...

Great thanks to MArc

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
If you look at Maslow's hierarchy of needs triangle, the cove has to a great extent met my Esteem needs.

Last edited:

Martin IT

Involved In Discussions
I'm really glad to be part of this very usefull forum.

A part the enormous quantity of professional information that I have found here, I appreciate the opportunity to share my opinion with people came from the whole world (with different cultural and different way of approach at the problems).

To be brief, I do think the Cove is a place where you can grow from a professional point view and at the same time you can grow from a personal/cultural point of view!

So, thanks to all the people that daily spend a bit of his own time to help the other members!

D

Denis

For me, I value the frank and unbiased advice , and the diversity of different approaches to a discussion topic.

Its great to be able to dip into the collective wisdom across the 'net.

I usually have a look every working day, even if I don't contribute (sometimes others have said pretty much what I would write).

Also, very useful to use the search function - most (not all) topics have usually been discussed at some point - so this search aspect can be a great source of information.

Long may it continue.

S

siasia

Being new to Quality, my googling of quality information brings me to this wonderful site where I hear people sharing of experiences and knowledge. I learn a lot from these knowledge sharing that it is helping with a better understanding of different aspects of qality. I immediately register and hope to be part of the team and be able to contribute as I move along the quality track.

:thanx:

I have been hanging out here "for a while" now (since before 2000 when I became a member), and in internet terms that is practically forever. Yet, I still learn something new every time I visit the Cove, and of course that has been immensly useful to me.

I also believe that I have been able to help others, both on and off the Cove during those years, and that provides even more learning: Learning by helping others.

I have also made many good friends here. Friends I would otherwise not have met. Sometimes when I have been having a particularly hard time I have been able to vent a bit here, gotten some sorely needed support, and then been able to go back to real life and sort things out.

All in all, the Cove feels like a society in its own right. :agree1:

/Claes

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L What shoud i do if our company top management has been changed. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
S PSW - Requirements for "off-the shelf" component that has multiply manufacturing locations Off the Shelf Item Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
L GRR for a tolerance that has changed Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Partial FAI - AS9102 - One single drawing has 10 part numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 17
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
M Has anyone has been through an MDR audit? (3/2020) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Has anyone heard of Run at Risk? Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
B ASA Aviation Supply Association - Has anyone heard of ASA? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Has anyone done an IEC 60601-1 gap analysis to IEC 60335? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Has anyone had sudden challenges from Korea-MFDS? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Sidney Vianna IAQG News IAQG has a new website - December 2019 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
Richard Regalado ISO 22301:2019 has been published - Nov 2019 Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 0
S FAIR - If we have not produced a part in over 2 years, but nothing has changed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Nicole Desouza Who has to be compliant with REACH Declarations? REACH and RoHS Conversations 11
CycleMike GD&T - Hole pattern - Print (attached) has a single Datum Reference Frame Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Would an MRP system that has been in use for over 10 years require validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
W Informational VDI 2017 - Medical Grade Plastics - German VDI has published a "Richtlinie" Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
D FDA Biomarker Qualification Program - Has anyone prepared an application? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
U Hand-Held dosing device has no PATIENT - Interpretation of the PATIENT definition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
L Has anyone heard of the 2 pan system? Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
N Technical File Reviewer has requested more testing to ISO 10993 Other Medical Device Related Standards 10
I Who has had to move from ISO 9001:2015 to ISO 13485 and what were the challenges? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Informational Health Canada has launched an e-Learning tool to aid in understanding the premarket regulatory requirements for medical devices in Canada Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Has anyone here assessed the latest Abbreviated 510(K) guidance document? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Does anyone has a good verification and validation plan template? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Sidney Vianna Informational UTC ASQR Rev.11 has a mistake; certification of distributors to IATF 16949 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
lilybef FDA and Biocompatability Testing - Reviewer has requested implantation testing Other Medical Device Related Standards 11
D Has anyone undergone a BARDA (HHS) audit as part of their grant process? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Sidney Vianna LinkedIn bug - Anyone has any idea of how to fix this? Posts not showing for me in a Group feed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M FDA News FDA Report - FDA Has Taken Steps to Strengthen The 510(k) Program Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
C Has an amended version of IEC 60601-1-6 TRF been released for use in conjunction with IEC62366-1:2015? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 0
planB ISO 10993-1:2018 has just been published Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
S ISO 13485 Consultant Question - The company has 5 part time employees ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Has anyone used QAI for training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
Q MHRA has released a new guidance document related to 'GXP' Data Integrity EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B FDA Philippines has no check or balance outside the health department Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
S Doubts about SPC taken in Machining - Part has +-0.01 Tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
D Has anyone here had any experience with PQ-FMEA software? FMEA and Control Plans 1
P NPR Metric - What if Customer has relaxed measure? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
D EU Harmonized Standards to which a company has declared compliance EU Medical Device Regulations 13
N Customer Survey Question Has Me Stumped - Compliance with Laws and Regulations Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
B Records Destroyed - Hurricane Harvey has likely destroyed our Quality Systems Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
S Has anyone completed IATF 16949 Certification - Share your Audit Experience? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B Procedure Pack - KIT - Each has its own CE Mark CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
E Print only has Reference Dimensions Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
S Has anyone created a Turtle Diagram reflecting the new ISO 9001:2015 Structure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 120
M Has anyone done a Gage R&R for Spectrophotometer? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10