What is an A-3 Corrective Action? Basically it is from Toyota and A-3 = paper size

R

Randy Stewart

A3 useage

My department was given the mandate that as of yesterday (4/1) there will be "No more internal 8Ds - A3 usage only".

I have a little experience with A3s, but mostly proposal A3s not problem solving. I don't suspect the problem solving process will be different (it may be imporved), however, I am a concerned about the forum to use or reporting process to use.

Does anyone use the A3 system and if so how is the report out forum set up?

BTW & FYI Ford has adopted this system so those of you who do business with them be prepared.

M

M Greenaway

Can you outline the A3 system please, its a new one on me.

R

Randy Stewart

Very Formal yet Informal

I'll attach an example, we just finished this one today. Basically it is from Toyota and a very visual means of representing an idea. If you can't fit it on 1 page then you go back and rethink it. It contains your backup data, 5-whys, etc. There are 3 basic types, problem solving, informational and proposal. Each fits its own function. Hope this helps.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Stew,

A-3 is a new one on me, too. I look forward to learning something. But...did you forget to do the attachment or did you intend to attach something later? :confused:

R

Randy Stewart

OOPS

Sorry guys,
I was late for a meeting and the didn't realize how big the file was. Had to run before I could correct. Let me try again.

Attachments

• updated problem solving a3 report 4819.pdf
    210.3 KB · Views: 3,213
S

Sam

Isn't it amazing how much closer we get to the Japanese way of doing this quality thing. And they don't even mandate TS2. Could be fuel for the future.

R

Randy Stewart

Simplistic Defined

And before anyone asks. A-3 stands for the paper size! Talk about simplistic!

D

db

And before anyone asks. A-3 stands for the paper size!

You know I was trying to figure that out. The only things I could come up with were rather vulgar, so I shant discuss them here! :bonk:

R

Randy Stewart

Surprised me too

db,
At first I thought it was a Canadian thing, then I thought it was how the begining of the 5 whys would start. Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhh, :biglaugh:
Then I started thinking about the vulgar stuff especially when I went to print the example and the printer was asking for that size of paper!!! I looked it up and low and behold the printer was right. Now not only does the computer kick my a$$, but I'm 1 down on the printer as well.
:bonk:

As in the words of that great American spokesman Homer Simpson would say. DHOOOOOOO!:ko:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I still don't get it. Maybe I'm being dense. What's so special or unique about the "A-3 system" for problem solving? It can't just be the paper size! :confused: Somebody lead me to the water here please.

Top Bottom