What is AOQ? Average Outgoing Quality Level?

V

vanessa

What is AOQ?

I have a new project in my work, it is to improve the AOQ, but I don't Know what does it means? Where can I find some information?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Average Outgoing Quality perhaps.

Absolutes of Quality is another off the top guess.

I'll check my books at home to see if I dredge anything else up.

Anyone else know?

Kevin

P

Proud Liberal

You can find information on AOQ (or Average Outgoing Quality Level) in "Statistical Quality Control" by Grant/Leavenworth. I always use this tool in evaluating the selection of an OC curve on which to base a sampling plan.

If you are not familiar with the topic, I highly recomment reading both the sections on AOQL but also include those regaring OC (Operating Characteristic) curves. You will find, for instance, that FIXED SAMPLE SIZE TENDS TWOARD CONSTANT QUALITY PROTECTION. This is an extremely difficult concept to explain to advocates of variable sample size schemes (ie: MIL-STD 105 or using fixed percentage of the lot size for the sample size). The concepts are counter-intuitive but statistically valid. I always used a fixed sample size (despite the lot size) and determine what that is by using the worst case AOQL.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Mil-Std-105e - Average outgoing quality (AOQ) & Average outgoing quality level (AOQL) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Acceptable Outgoing Quality Level (AOQL) aka Acceptable Outgoing Quality (AOQ) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
V Que es el AOQ? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 0
V Que es el AOQ? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
qualprod Best approach to get a real value as average? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M What is the average time needed for process documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Average and standard deviation of Cumulative Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
P Average access height into an industrial machine (average base plate height) Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
P Average Peel Strength - Interpretation of BS EN 868-5:2018 and ASTM F0088/F0088M Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
qualprod Cycle times, value stream mapping, inventory, average values? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
Proud Liberal How long does your company take to close an 8D on average? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 12
L How to interpret the average R bar Value shown in the R Chart Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M Cp & Cpk about a diameter measured with min.,max. and average values. Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 13
J0anne GCC Submissions - Average review time for SGH qualification files Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 10
K Average height of adults by sex by state Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 10
M What is the difference between X Bar - R Charts and Average Chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
M Average Run Length (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
F Statistical Comparison of Product: High Average vs. Low Range Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 13
G Improve final GR&R value by taking average of more measurements? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
K Can I do an average measurement values for a sample? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
M MSA 4 - Results of GR&R Study using Range & Average Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
T Counting the Average Times of Alarms in a Process using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
Q How to determine the average baseline for the following data in SPC Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
D Rounding Numbers - Adding numbers in Excel - I want the average Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
T Bias & Linearity Study - How to calculate the P value for the Average Bias Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
G Product Returns are above average for Labeling Problems Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
R GR&R (Gage R&R) - Average Range Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
B XbarR or EMWA (Expontionally Weighted Moving Average) or MA Chart - Which to Use Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
R What is the Sigma Level of the Average Company? Six Sigma 11
Stijloor Toyota drags down new-vehicle quality average World News 9
P ISO 27001 Controls - Industry average % IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
Stijloor The ARMA (Autoregressive Moving Average) Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
D Influence of the Coverage Factor - Worksheets based on the Average and Range Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
B To IMR or Moving Average chart now that's the question! Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
M Inferences from Distribution? (Average per hour/the average pay of the staff) Six Sigma 2
O Average Life Cycle Duration for a large number of medical equipment types Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
Randy US Average Hourly Employee Cost Career and Occupation Discussions 3
K Calculating Control Limits in Average and Range Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C What does the average employee need to know about the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Control Chart - Minimum point & average insulation thickness for Automotive Wires Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
DanteCaspian 5S Workplace Average for those that score 5 S Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
T Monitoring a shift of the average in an SPC chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
T What is Average Run Length & Average Production Length when used in Control Charts? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
C Is Parts/Process Average Testing SPC by Another Name? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
D Average fill label - "e" Mark, probably a UK specific requirement. Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
D Queuing System - Calculating Average Arrival Rate λ Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
W Advice on the best way to approach a double moving average using Minitab 15 Using Minitab Software 3
K Average Salary for Quality Personnel? Career and Occupation Discussions 12
E Moving Range Average Calculation in Excel (in a single cell only). Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9