What is criteria to be Management Representative (MR)? Is there any standard?

A

abcauto

Dear All,

Please tell me is there any standard or guidline to select Management Representative.Or what is the criteria to became an Management Representative(MR)

Thanks & regards
:agree:
ANAND

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: What is criteria to being Management Representative(MR)? Is there any standard ?

If you have a copy of ISO 9001: 2008, look at clause 5.5.2.

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Re: What is criteria to being Management Representative(MR)? Is there any standard ?

Dear All,

Please tell me is there any standard or guidline to select Management Representative.Or what is the criteria to became an Management Representative(MR)

Thanks & regards
ANAND

If I were the deciding authority of your Organization, I would choose the closest one fitting the following competency:
Qualification: Graudate (minimum)
Experience: Atleast two years in the Organization.
Knowledge & Training: QMS, Knowledge on SPC, MSA, PFMEA, APQP, etc as applicable.
Skill: "Proven" Managerial, leadership and interpersonal skill.

Last edited:

somashekar

Leader
Admin

Dear All,

Thanks & regards
ANAND
Patience, Perseverance, Helping attitude, Ego zero, ISO Load bearing capacity, Good teaching abilities, understanding of the meaning of process and interactions .... to name a few.

automoto

Involved In Discussions

MR representative should be member of top management. It is necessary that person knows quality principles, have access to top management, have ability to enhance effective and efficient operation and improvement of the quality management systems…

Aleš

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

Dear All,

Thanks & regards
ANAND

Management Representative is a rare job title. System Manager would be better. Quality Manager is common. MR is often a part-time role for managers in QESH, HR and increasingly IT.

This person is a member of top management and has documented authority from the chief executive to require the organization's management system to be changed as part of strategic planning and as necessary to fulfill business objectives.

With the 2008 edition of ISO 9001 we should begin to see the competency requirements of the MR defined in the documented parts of company management systems.

This suggests the MR could usefully be competent in:

1. Leadership (business psychology)
  2. Business Management Systems
  3. Business Process Management (incl Lean)
  4. System Auditing
  5. Training and Facilitating
  6. Problem Solving (incl mistake proofing)
  7. Failure Modes & Effects Analysis
  8. Data collection and analysis
  9. Database design
  10. Business Law and Accounting

Many MRs have become their own worst enemy when it comes to keeping their colleagues accountable for their role in making the system work effectively and efficiently.

So, lastly, the MR has to be careful not to do the job of her or his colleagues in management who should be demonstrating their commitment to requirements by monitoring processes and requiring preventive action and corrective action.

Accordingly, the MR would have the authority to run meetings and workshops to improve the performance of his or her colleagues in this regard.

J

JaneB

John,
I agree with much of what you say, albeit some seems rather manufacturing-biassed. A good wishlist. Dunno what you mean by QESH (not all the world is USA recall), but presumably you're referring to something like quality, environmental, workplace health & safety.

I think one of the very best people to be the 'management rep' is the CEO/MD/president - ie, the person at the top. It really sets the tone of how important quality is considered to be! I love it when a client decides to do it that way, although perhaps it is more possible in a smaller-medium sized company than a larger one?

I also wonder if this frequent delegation of quality to a 'quality rep' or similar is one of the differences in service companies (my field) and traditional manufacturing/automative etc (which seem to make up the majority of Covites' experience). The good ones I see don't hive off quality as a 'separated' responsibility, but keep it front & center in everyone's responsibility, often led by either the person/people at the top, with the more mundane aspects (eg, doc control co-ordination etc) delegated lower down.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

abcauto

Explain me that Assembly Department is the part of Production Dept OR Quality Dept?

Dear All,

Please Explain me that assembly department is part of production department OR Quality Department Or It is a saperate department and who is the responsible for that department?

:thanx:
ANAND

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Explain me that Assembly Department is the part of Production Dept OR Quality Dep

Dear All,

Please Explain me that assembly department is part of production department OR Quality Department Or It is a saperate department and who is the responsible for that department?

:thanx:
ANAND
I guess you are asking this from some of your internal interdepartmental conflicts.
It depends how you have mapped your process flow and deligated the authority and responsibility.
As an example., In our case we have assigned the initial product packing stage within QA department and its fine with us.

A

abcauto

Thanks for rply

Top Bottom