SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

What is 'floor' in an instrument's specs

fahimk

Involved In Discussions
Fellows,

From the Fluke's guide (https://www.megacal.com/sistemas-ca...o_FLUKE_5522A_especificaciones_extendidas.pdf), for AC Current, the absolute uncertainty is given as follows:
ppm of output + V or %age of output + uA

It's understandable.

However, for Resistance, (https://www.megacal.com/sistemas-ca...o_FLUKE_5522A_especificaciones_extendidas.pdf), it is given as:
ppm of output + floor

What does the floor term signifies? And how to incorporate it into my calculations for the Uncertainty due to Calibrator's Inaccuracy in case i am applying the concept from Fluke's webinar (http://download.flukecal.com/pub/literature/webinar-uncertainty-presentation-Dec%202011.pdf)

Thanks and looking forward...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Looking at your example, here is the uncertainty:

If the output is at it's minimum, 0 , you still have the V or µA term as an uncertainty.
That is the "floor" term, the uncertainty for minimum output.

fahimk

Involved In Discussions
Looking at your example, here is the uncertainty:

If the output is at it's minimum, 0 , you still have the V or µA term as an uncertainty.
That is the "floor" term, the uncertainty for minimum output.

Thanks mate. You mean the terms floor is same as '+V' or '+A'?

Well, for an applied value of 10 V AC (@ 50 Hz), the absolute uncertainty is given as:

150 ppm of output + 600 uV = 0.015 % of output + 600 uV = [(0.015 * 10)/100] + [600/1000000] = 0.0021 Volts .....

So, what should i do for the resistance of 5 k ohms which has following absolute uncertainty: 28 ppm + Floor of 1 ohm (as per https://www.megacal.com/sistemas-ca...o_FLUKE_5522A_especificaciones_extendidas.pdf)

Thanks in anticipation...

fahimk

Involved In Discussions
The floor is defined as the combined offsets plus noise. For 5K ohm ideally you would use the 3.3 to 10.99999 k range: 28ppm + 0.1 ohm, or 0.24 ohm.
Thanks mate!

Can you please revisit.. ( for instance, i am not clear about the quantity 0.24 ohm.. )

So, correct me if i am wrong...

For 5K ohm it will proceed as:

(28ppm * 5000)+ 0.1 ohm = .....

Or

(28ppm * 5000)+ 0.02 ohm = .....

If so, in case of 1000 M ohms, i will need to proceed as follows...?

(15000 ppm * 1000 M ohm) + 500000 ohm = ........

Thanks and looking forward....

Last edited:

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks mate!

Can you please revisit.. ( for instance, i am not clear about the quantity 0.24 ohm.. )

So, correct me if i am wrong...

For 5K ohm it will proceed as:
(28ppm * 5000)+ 0.1 ohm = .....
Or
(28ppm * 5000)+ 0.02 ohm = .....

It depends on how you use your calibrator. The 5500 series of calibrators have a Zero function that should be performed "as necessary".
Some labs do that daily. Some do it weekly. Some never do it.....
If you do it daily then you use the 12 hour floor spec of 0.02 Ω, if weekly use the 0.1 Ω floor, if never.... I don't want to talk about it!

If so, in case of 1000 M ohms, i will need to proceed as follows...?
(15000 ppm * 1000 M ohm) + 500000 ohm = ........

Convert the floor spec from Ohms to MOhms - 0.5 MΩ is a lot easier to work with.
15 ppm of 1000 is 15 MΩ, so the total would be 15 + 0.5 = 15.5 MΩ

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Searching for TOYOTA Floor Management Development System (FMDS) board Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
P Minimum Distance from Floor to Underneath of Machine Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 3
D Limited Range Calibration - 5000 lb Industrial floor scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C Scrapping on production floor - Setup parts 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
J Control Plan use on the manufacturing floor FMEA and Control Plans 4
N Heavy tare to simulate high load in a routine sensitivity test of a floor scale? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Tagin Recommendations for calibration labels for ESD floor mats General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
P ISO 7 Clean rooms - Are sinks, faucets, floor drains etc. allowed? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
D Implementing 5S for Multiple Shop Floor Layout Workstations Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
A What KPI's do you use at Shop Floor Level and Team Boards? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
B Procedures necessary for things such as the floor cleaner or weigh scale ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Starting from the factory floor get any respect? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
S Quality Slogans for the Plant Floor ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
B ESD Floor Wax on standard tile Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
L How to Introduce the Quality Function to the production floor in a bad environment Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
S Suggestions for a 100% Paperless Manufacturing Shop Floor Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
P Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Marc Deep-sea streaming: 500-mile NEPTUNE cabling brings Internet to the ocean floor After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
R Part Prints - Controlled and Uncontrolled Documents (e.g.: The Production Floor) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
R Floor Marking Colors - Clearance Area in front of Electrical Panels Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
N Controlled Document Binders on the Production Floor Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Jeff Putman Automotive "Floor Level" Test Temperature IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q Introducing Process based approach on Production Floor Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
I Is facility floor plan a required controlled document? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
C Standard or Requirements for Floor Vibration in a Measurement Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
E Floor Gaging for Internal Thread Major Diameters Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Q Reference Card for Dimensions at QC on the Shop Floor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S Color Coded Shirt System on our Shop Floor Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 18
B Toyota FMDS (Floor Management Developmental System) Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
T Eliminating "Hard Copy" Manuals from our Office and Shop Floor - Documentation Medium ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q Data on Quality and Productivity to Shop Floor Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
C Medical Device On The Floor Receiving (Incoming) Quality Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
QMMike Control of Measurement Equipment on your Shop Floor Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
B Is the manufacturing floor a Laboratory under 7.6.3.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C Reducing Material Handling Costs - In-Floor Tow-Line Conveyor System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
P Floor Supervisor End of Shift Report ideas and/or template wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
B "Shop Floor" Drawings vs. Design Drawings - First Article and In-Process Inspections Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
P How to manage loose Pin Gages without Identification on the machining floor Calibration Frequency (Interval) 19
R Pass Thru Gage for Straightness for a Floor Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Kales Veggie Shop Floor Real Time SPC Inquiry Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
D Labeling an "Out of Service" Floor Scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
L FDA GMP requirement: Avoid Non contact with floor? 21 CFR Part 110 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
J Quality Inspector Qualification - Basic testing to qualify a Floor Inspector Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
C Non-Medical product on Medical Assembly floor ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
P How to Motivate Shop Floor Supervisors Manufacturing and Related Processes 42
C ASQ: Leadership from Ballroom to Boardroom and the shop floor ASQ - American Society for Quality 12
F Personal Notes on Production Floor vs. Documented Work Instructions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 188
M APQP Timing Plan Details and APQP Package Contents (e.g.: floor plan) - Batch Mfg. APQP and PPAP 5
B Wall curvature (between wall & floor) as required by GMP Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 5