What is OHSAS 18000, OHSAS 18001 and OHSAS 18002?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajikkn08

Hi stiljoor,

This is a great help since Iam implementing ISO 18001 in our organisation.

kris

Henria

OSH Officer
Hi !

Small actualization of this discussion:

- OHSAS 18001 is not an international occupational health and safety management system specification, but a british one. Its exact name is BS OHSAS 18001.

- ISO was not involved in establishing this kind of national standard (because BS of course, or ANSI, etc...) but for working related aspects ISO refers naturally to the ILO standards (of which ILO-OSH 2001) as for example in its next ISO 26000 standard on social responsibility (publication in 2010 ?). ILO and ISO cooperate on this international project.

Cordially.

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello !

A lot of water has flowed under the bridges (as they say at home) since these few messages. ISO 45001 has just been born, much closer to ILO-OSH than BS OHSAS 18001 which will soon be canceled ... The discussion is actually closed.

Best regards.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This thread is reported as "Obsolete". "This discussion is now obsolete and useless because OHSAS documents are now "WITHDRAWN TITLES" at BSI ...".

However, for historical purposes we do not delete discussions which are obsolete.

Henria

OSH Officer
Current ? Withdrawn...
But I agree with you Sidney, in compagnies a lot of OS&HMS are still based on this withdrawn standard.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-08-27 à 19.42.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-08-27 à 19.42.09.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Your obsession is clouding your memory. I've already told you a number of times that the BS version of OHSAS 18001 is just ONE out of many versions of the OHSAS 18001 document.

For example, the document that I use has no mention of BS anything...

The certificate issued to the organization that I work for has no mention to BS anything...

Au revoir.

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello !

indeed Sidney this certificate evokes a referenciel without source ... would it be a pirate or a ghost? ;) Companies wishing to do so will be able to continue to certify their OS&HMS according to this indeterminate standard.

The real perspective is the OS&H performance in our companies to ensure the safety and health at work of their workers. It is not to display a so nice certificate of this kind in our meeting rooms or on our vehicles because such a certificate is totally silent about the OS&H reality in a certified company. Unfortunately, confusing management and certification, I'm afraid companies often look for this smokescreen more than for the safety and health of their employees.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Hello !

indeed Sidney this certificate evokes a referenciel without source ... would it be a pirate or a ghost? ;) Companies wishing to do so will be able to continue to certify their OS&HMS according to this indeterminate standard.

Firstly, let me thank you for keeping all OHSAS 18001 threads and discussions going. Such standard elevated occupational safety and health to the boardrooms of over 100,000 organizations around the World when an organization such as ISO refused to take on the subject, as well documented in this Forum.

I hope you can contribute to the very interesting Friction between ISO and ILO on the 45001 and 26000 fronts thread as well.

As for your comments, now that we have established that OHSAS 18001 is a stand-alone, current document, something got lost in translation. Not sure what you mean by "pirate or ghost"? Do you mean fake? I assure you this is not fake. It is a fully accredited certificate. Irrefutable proof of commitment to employees well being.

Au revoir.:bigwave:

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello !

Thanks for this discussion Sidney.

Certification (a product successfully purchased by 99.99% of companies choosing to have certification) is not "irrefutable proof", it's often at best a simple "reasonable presumption" ... The well-being of employees is an entirely different thing .

PS:
- your certificate is true, based on a "ghost" standard (your qualifier "stand-alone" = without recognized organization to support it).
- ISO has long refused to create the ISO 45001 because there already existed a relevant and legitimate international reference for OS&HMS (ILO-OSH!).

Au revoir.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom