What is OHSAS 18000, OHSAS 18001 and OHSAS 18002?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
I don't know anything about all this but it reminds me of a quote I've never forgotten, "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts."

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello guys !
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts, OK. But the current answer to the question "what is BS OHSAS 18001...? is : it's a canceled British standard. It's a BSI fact... ;) This standard has been replaced by BS ISO 45001 (& Co).
Cordialy.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This is an old thread started in 2008. Nothing to get excited about.

Henria

OSH Officer
You're absolutely right Marc. The "OHSAS" discussions have inevitably started long time ago and now there is no point in getting excited about such old discussions. But I still note that it may be necessary to "modernize or update" this "FAQs summary" because 3 of its 5 topics are centered on this canceled british standard... ;) Cordialy.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
You seem to forget the people who are new to the profession who may see it mentioned in an old thread or elsewhere and wonder what they are. It isn't hurting anything being a FAQ discussion thread, and it does provide some historical perspective.

Henria

OSH Officer
I think beginners have enough to deal with understanding and application of current versions of current MS standards, without getting confused with past discussions on a canceled UK standard. But ok let's live these 3 obsolete discussions into the "Top 5" of OHSMS discussions. ;)
Good evening Marc.

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello !
I completely agree with you Randy, but this thread and others on BS OHSAS 18001 deserve to be closed (indicating the reason perhaps) to avoid this kind of question ... ;)
Best regard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom