What is required in a combined ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Audit?

D

Davidb54

I am due an audit in April. 900.1400.1800. I am not sure what is involved. Could you give me an idea of whats in front of me.Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

harry

Super Moderator
I am due an audit in April. 900.1400.1800. I am not sure what is involved. Could you give me an idea of whats in front of me.Thanks
Welcome to the Cove.

Are you that unprepared? Is your system running? Are you a QMR or just a person-in-charge of a certain process or department? And did you have the necessary training and perhaps involvement in Internal audits?

More information is needed - we don't want to speculate and jump on you.

Meanwhile have a look at some of the attachments

Audit preparation

Prepare for audit

Last edited:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Be more specific. What is your role in QMS? Are you talking of Registrar audit? Is this the first time for your organization or is it a surveillance audit?

A consideration from my side: why don't you check or consult first inside your organization to have news/info as well as awareness about this upcoming and important event?:bigwave:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Welcome to the Cove.

Are you that unprepared? Is your system running? Are you a QMR or just a person-in-charge of a certain process or department? And did you have the necessary training and perhaps involvement in Internal audits?

More information is needed - we don't want to speculate and jump on you.

Meanwhile have a look at some of the attachments

Audit preparation

Prepare for audit
I have scheduled a training class for Jan. 28-31, 2013 that will give a very good teaching on much of what you would liek to learn. If you are interested, let me know. The class will address ISO and TS-16949, and is held in the Akron / Cleveland area.

Last edited:
D

Davidb54

Harry, thanks for your reply. I am just in charge of the process. I have had no formal training. What I have done is all the risk assessments and created training records for each employee (40 in total) I understand we need to have a management meeting. Apart from that I have'nt a clue. To be totally frank, feeling uptight about the whole thing. David

Randy

Super Moderator
It's exactly the same as any other audit to a single standard except everything is combined and it takes a bit longer, I'm doing (2) 9-14-18 audits in Feb and another in March...No biggy

harry

Super Moderator
.................. I am just in charge of the process. I have had no formal training. What I have done is all the risk assessments and created training records for each employee (40 in total) I understand we need to have a management meeting. Apart from that I have'nt a clue. To be totally frank, feeling uptight about the whole thing. David
Don't worry. Every body faces this the first time - only thing is, I think your organization ought to provide you with better guidance or training. Sometime soon, there should be an internal audit or a series of it. You will gain more knowledge and experience from there.

The links I provided earlier pertains to preparation for audits - they should be useful for you to prepare for what's coming. Come back and ask questions whenever you have doubts.

D

Davidb54

Thanks again Harry, to help you understand the owner of the business is my lifetime friend. It used to be a small business but has grown substantially over the last few years.
I only work for him Wed/Thurs. Any advice would be welcome. I am finished now until next Wed.
David

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Device functionality over service life - Objective evidence required? Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N Usability testing required for FDA IDE (investigational device exemption)? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 3
M Case study solution help required as per ISO 9001 : 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
R Shall a new UDI-DI be required when stand-alone software device's version is updated? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Question on ISO 14001:2015 - Are annual audits required? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
M Is Validation of Plating Processes required and who is responsible? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 11
MDD_QNA Medical Device Software - Is a Help Button required? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Recent changes to ISO 14971 - SOP required for managing standard revisions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
V Manufacturing requirements for respiratory ventilators - clean room required? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
A When there is a 2 year lapse in production, is a full FAI required? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
C Is it required to put"Rx only" on the home page of an app? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
B IEC 60601-2-10 - Accuracy of Pulse Parameters - Required Measurement Uncertainty IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
S Is Optical Parallel Set required calibration? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
R Is it required to have an SOP for external audits? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
M MDR - Is a formal GSPR Procedure required? EU Medical Device Regulations 20
M When is FAI required? AS9100 8.5.1.3 and 8.4.3 requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 9
B IATF 16949 - Is a Deviation required for sample components in a prototype build? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
J MDD to MDR transition - Time required for the implementation of the MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Robert Stanley Required Documentation Templates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M ISO 9001:2015 8.2.1 Contingency Plan required for small Business? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M MDR - Under what circumstances is a PMCF not required? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
MrTetris Are GLP required for testing cytotoxicity and soil remaining after sterilization of MD? Other Medical Device Related Standards 8
Z EN 868-8 "required tests" - Rigid sterilization containers Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
D Design Verification - Is testing required? Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
M User manual / instructions for use for class II device always required? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
A Calibration required by OEM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S How many mandays required for the below mentioned standards IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
S Examples of software changes that required a 510k US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Required Checklist Showing Compliance to IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 11
C ETO Sterilised Class II Medical Device - Required Temperature Storage ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P 21 CFR 807.81 When a premarket notification submission is required Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
D Are medical device companies required to document every change made to their website? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D How to Identify the Risks and Opportunities required for QMS Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Glass and brittle plastic Policy - Required per FSSC 220002-4? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
S Is a specific day required in an expiration date? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
T MDR Adverse Events Assessments - What qualifications are required? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
S Is Annual QMS Training Required? ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M EU Basic UDI-DI Trigger Points - When is a new Basic UDI-DI required EU Medical Device Regulations 3
GreatNate Document Control info - What is required on a controlled form/document for ISO 9001: 2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
I QMS documents required at each stage of Software development IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
P UDI-PI and the MDR - Is the UDI-PI required for all devices/classifications? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
S Is the document author required to be identified as part of Document Change Notice? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
A Records required for ISO 9001 clause 7.1.5.1 - Fitness for purpose of the monitoring and measurement resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Is Design Validation required for fixtures or test systems used to manufacture a product? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
P Are red non-conformance bins required anywhere in the ISO or IATF standards? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7