What is required in a combined ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Audit?

D

Davidb54

I am due an audit in April. 900.1400.1800. I am not sure what is involved. Could you give me an idea of whats in front of me.Thanks

harry

Trusted Information Resource
I am due an audit in April. 900.1400.1800. I am not sure what is involved. Could you give me an idea of whats in front of me.Thanks

Welcome to the Cove.

Are you that unprepared? Is your system running? Are you a QMR or just a person-in-charge of a certain process or department? And did you have the necessary training and perhaps involvement in Internal audits?

More information is needed - we don't want to speculate and jump on you.

Meanwhile have a look at some of the attachments

Audit preparation

Prepare for audit

Last edited:

qusys

Be more specific. What is your role in QMS? Are you talking of Registrar audit? Is this the first time for your organization or is it a surveillance audit?

A consideration from my side: why don't you check or consult first inside your organization to have news/info as well as awareness about this upcoming and important event?:bigwave:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Welcome to the Cove.

Are you that unprepared? Is your system running? Are you a QMR or just a person-in-charge of a certain process or department? And did you have the necessary training and perhaps involvement in Internal audits?

More information is needed - we don't want to speculate and jump on you.

Meanwhile have a look at some of the attachments

Audit preparation

Prepare for audit

I have scheduled a training class for Jan. 28-31, 2013 that will give a very good teaching on much of what you would liek to learn. If you are interested, let me know. The class will address ISO and TS-16949, and is held in the Akron / Cleveland area.

Last edited:
D

Davidb54

Harry, thanks for your reply. I am just in charge of the process. I have had no formal training. What I have done is all the risk assessments and created training records for each employee (40 in total) I understand we need to have a management meeting. Apart from that I have'nt a clue. To be totally frank, feeling uptight about the whole thing. David

Randy

Super Moderator
It's exactly the same as any other audit to a single standard except everything is combined and it takes a bit longer, I'm doing (2) 9-14-18 audits in Feb and another in March...No biggy

harry

.................. I am just in charge of the process. I have had no formal training. What I have done is all the risk assessments and created training records for each employee (40 in total) I understand we need to have a management meeting. Apart from that I have'nt a clue. To be totally frank, feeling uptight about the whole thing. David

Don't worry. Every body faces this the first time - only thing is, I think your organization ought to provide you with better guidance or training. Sometime soon, there should be an internal audit or a series of it. You will gain more knowledge and experience from there.

The links I provided earlier pertains to preparation for audits - they should be useful for you to prepare for what's coming. Come back and ask questions whenever you have doubts.

D

Davidb54

Thanks again Harry, to help you understand the owner of the business is my lifetime friend. It used to be a small business but has grown substantially over the last few years.
I only work for him Wed/Thurs. Any advice would be welcome. I am finished now until next Wed.
David

Top Bottom