What is 'sampling based on performance'? 7.4.3.1 Incoming Product Quality

D

dullpig

In 7.4.3.1, receiving inspection and/or testing such as sampling based on performance.

but I don't understand what is the 'based on performance'

Please let me know what is the mean.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Re: 7.4.3.1 incoming product quality

In 7.4.3.1, receiving inspection and/or testing such as sampling based on performance.

Welcome to the cove

The performance is that of the supplier. In the various sampling standards there are different levels for you to use dependent on the history.

Ship to stock is for example for those with a very good performance

T

Ted Schmitt

Re: 7.4.3.1 incoming product quality

The better the supplier´s product / service the smaller sample size you need to use...

AndyN

Moved On
It's what most people do when they shop at the grocery store (well, in the USA.....). For prepackaged foods, we check for weight/quantity and any damage of the packaging. The only time someone would open the package in the store is when they (or their kids) are hungry!!

For vegetables and fruit, some type of physical check is normally required to see if there's damage like bruising, mold etc. Dairy products, we check dates, FIFO, if it's eggs we want, a physical check of them in the carton is helpful.....We do this because it's more cost effective do check them in store, than to get the items home and then 'inspect'.

This type of thing is what the standard requires.........based on past performance and experience with a supplier.

Top Bottom