What is the first step in doing PIA (Privacy Impact Assessment)?

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone,
A pleasant rainy day here in the Philippines.
I am new to this concept.
What is the first step in doing PIA?
I dunno where to start? I am zero knowledge in this area.
Please enlighten me.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,
Raffy

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Responding simply because it is sitting here with no answers.

I had not ever heard of a Privacy Impact Assessment until I read your post. (Though I am quite familiar with other types of PIA's :notme:)

I note that there is a free whitepaper available which may be a first step...it seems to reference a six step process and give some best practices in the description.
Find it on trustarc.com

https:// info.trustarc.com/ in a Google search for "Privacy Impact Assessment"...it shows as an ad, so take it for what it's worth.

HTH

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Ninja and Mihzago,
Thank you for sharing the link for the privacy impact assessment (i think this is the same with data protection impact assessment for gdpr)
The document on PIA code of Practice has a resemblance on our PIA here in the Philippines.
I think i just need to adjust some of it to fit our requirements.
Thanks again.
Best,
Raffy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Step by step, NASA is doing what it takes to 'fix the culture' Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
G Lean Kaizen: continuous, step-by-step improvement in the Lean direction Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S How to Learn all aspects of ISO 27001:2013 | The best way to grab the knowledge on 27001:2013 (Step by Step) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
L What is the very first step to prepare for applying EASA POA? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
D FDA filing guidance to add sterilization step for approved drug Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 8
M FDA News USFDA – Announcement of Safer Technologies Program (STeP) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
E Creepage distance accross insulation of step up transformer EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Q Removing Inspection (Functional Tests) from a Process Step Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
S FMEA Process Step or Current Control FMEA and Control Plans 3
V Failure Modes of 1-step being taken as cause in 2nd (subsequent/downstream) step FMEA and Control Plans 4
A Cytotoxicity Testing - FDA doesn't like the Filtration step 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
K Step by Step Gauge R&R with 10% maximum allowable Gauge Error Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
AnaMariaVR2 Senator urges FDA to step up on foreign APIs US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
P LEAN Implementation Step By Step - Where to start? What to include? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 25
F What's the next step after failing an AQL? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
Y What is the first step in implementing AS 9100 for a 4 person shop? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P Suitable step in my continuous development?? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Sidney Vianna ISO 10393 - First step for ISO standard on recall of unsafe products Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
P Quality Metrics (Step Down or Step Up Goals) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge / Step block - Calibration - help General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Process Flow Chart Step - Timing between Process Steps Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
T Finishing an G8D - Step D8 advice please Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S Step by step process for Wire Harness Fabrication needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
L Should "missed process step" be filled in PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 2
V Final inspection as process step in PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 11
Coury Ferguson Bill Gates to step down from Microsoft After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
P Is special CA (Corrective Action) verification step necessary? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
J Need step-by-step ISO 13485 implementation help ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
T What is required for APQP step 4.5 Production Validation Testing APQP and PPAP 2
B Step by step methodology in Preparation of Dynamic Control Plan (DCP) FMEA and Control Plans 3
A A Step by Step TS 16949 Implimentation Plan and Strategy - New Company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
ccochran Step 1: Engage Top Management! The Reading Room 13
E Should Inspection Be A Step in Process Flow? FMEA and Control Plans 17
W Drawing CUSUM Control Charts - Need a simple step by step example Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
H Quality Employee "Step Plan" for Quality Manager Position Career and Occupation Discussions 1
ScottK Learning about converting an AutoCAD .dwg to a .STEP file Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
P Can anyone suggest a GRR procedure for a Multi step plug gage? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M Chrysler 7 Step Corrective Action form - how to fill it out? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
1 Design Review Process - Need a step by step methodology Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
Q Example of Format for SPC Audit - Measurement and analysis at each process step Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Gage R&R for two step measurement process Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
M Is ISO 9001:2000 a retrograde step ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32
E The next step? VDA 6.1 to EFQM - Same basic principle as the Baldrige VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 10
L Sanctioned format for the Chrysler 7 Step Corrective Action Process Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
D Where to find the Chrysler 7 step problem solving procedure? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
Marc DIS 9001:2000 a step backward? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P Simple PPAP / APQP Step-by-Step Process APQP and PPAP 3
Howard Atkins Registrar Requalification in a 2 step format? Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
M What to be careful about/focus on when doing a Technical File review EU Medical Device Regulations 4