What is the proper flow to feedback the defective found during QA sampling check?

sam_ck

Involved In Discussions
Hi,
I am just new to be a QA Engineer since March 2010. I may have a lot of question about the jobs actually have t done as a QA engineer. Right here, I wish to get help from all among you to my confusion.
1. What should I have to do if my QA inspector is detecting the defective during perform the sampling inspection?
2. What is thr proper wa to feedback the defective to the respective person?

Please, if you have an idea as I really dont know what is actually got to do.

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

tbsiva

Hi,
I am just new to be a QA Engineer since March 2010. I may have a lot of question about the jobs actually have t done as a QA engineer. Right here, I wish to get help from all among you to my confusion.
1. What should I have to do if my QA inspector is detecting the defective during perform the sampling inspection?

Thanks
1. If your QA inspector detects a defective, first job is to quarentine the lot and decide on the disposition action of the defective lot (Remember to quarentine the lots till despatch end). Then, as a quality engineer, check immediately whether the parts currently in production are having the similar defect. Then, decide on the corrective action along with Production and relevant teams

2. In our organisation, We raise an internal flash report and fwd it to production department. The report will be signed by the production incharge and he is responsible of closing the flash report with corrective actions. Once the actions are implemented, he returns back the flash report with QA, which inturn is maintained as a record

sam_ck

Involved In Discussions
Thanks tbsiva. If I have to decide on the disposition on the lot, what should I refer on to make the decision? is the defective need to category in minor or major defect?

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi,

Thanks
I think there is no "one proper method" in this. Any organization could decide on their own on how to deal with it.
But basic rule shall be
1) proper action to be taken to segregate the NG parts
2) proper disposition method to be decided by authorised person
3) corrective action and correction to be carried out in a timely manner. if you are a ts company, corrective action impact should be considered as well
4) if repair or rework needs to be done, make sure authorised person has reconfirm the conformity of the parts after rework/repair.
hope this will help
:2cents:

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thanks tbsiva. If I have to decide on the disposition on the lot, what should I refer on to make the decision? is the defective need to category in minor or major defect?
i think you should make the disposition decision based on customer requirement, a specification issued by customer, industrial standards, customer drawing, fit and function and etc. but main concern is the customer requirement
you may define any defects into group for your analysis purpose
:2cents:

T

tbsiva

As pointed out by Jerry, there is no specific method or procedure... Every organisation has unique procedure for treating non confirming parts.. Also, it depends on the severity of the defect.. If it can be reworked and bring back to the required quality level, u can do rework...of course with customers prior acceptance... If it cannot be reworked at all... still as a one time deviation, you can request the customer whether the deviation can be acceptable... Else, the final option is to scrap the parts

sam_ck

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for the advices from all, basically I feel better to make a disposition on the defective part but there is a difficulty when I try to feedback the defective issue to production superior. They seem not to answer properly the CAPA which was issued to them. This is the stress from them.

A

arrabellaangel

when we issued CAPA, it is not just by paper..another way to solve this u can try to sit together with production people and explain to them about the defects,why it need to be reject and show them what is your customer requirement,procedure etc..try to guide them to practice the right path.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Proper method to test flow of a regulator Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
M Proper way to develop LCL when only given a lower spec limit Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
K Proper document of SMPS used in infant warmer for IEC 60601-1 testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
L How to write a proper defect description in a NCR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
M Proper terms for describing Hardness General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Proper ISO standard for Pressure Testing and Leak Rates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
C Proper Thickness Gauge for Foam/Felt and Soft Materials General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
D Proper Tool to Measure Wall Thickness (ISO 3611 - Micrometers) Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
X Proper Document Control Requests Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
S Proper Record/Document Manipulation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
I Proper gauging of tight tolerance (reamed) holes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
kedarg6500 Selection of proper modifying agent for Aluminium Silicon Alloy Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J Proper Amount of Data Points for Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 12
K Proper YTD PPM Supplier Calculation Six Sigma 3
S Proper FDA Classification for a DICOM Viewer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 29
E Measuring Parts without Proper Tools - Measurement Device Resolution Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
J Proper Method of Measuring Hex Socket Heads Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
B Getting the proper information from the supplier - Returning Nonconforming Material Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
G What is the proper Thanks Giving turkey sampling size? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
B How to Determine the Proper Solder Class Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Proper Format for a Manufacturing Route Sheet Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
K Putting a regulated device on the market without the proper ISO Certs and CE Marking EU Medical Device Regulations 9
L Proper Personnel Ratio - Quality to Manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M ISO14001 nonconformance - no proper treatment of wastewater prior to discharge ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
A What is the proper definition for Class 1 & 2 design changes AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
C Proper GD&T for spindle & housing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
A Proper term for 'Easy Identification'? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M How to implement a proper Calibration System? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
F Is there a proper protocol to follow for Self Certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
B True Position without tertiary datum? Establishing a proper rotation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
J Proper way to calibrate a check fixture General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
G Proper Poundage for Checking XX Tolerance Plain Plug Gages? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Gert Sorensen Labeling Responsibility - Manufacturer vs. Repacker? Proper Component Use ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
L Procedure for proper use and protection of Registration and Accreditation Marks Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
C What is the proper method for cleaning dial calipers? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
N Proper use of the Blueing process when inspecting the taper of bushings General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
J Proper use of gauge pins - Inspecting thru holes of plastic parts General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 19
I What is the proper date to use as effective date? Old 'procedures', New documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
D Rockwell vs. Vickers vs. Knoop - Does Thickness Determine the Proper Test? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M What is the proper way to use a GO NO/GO guage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Preventive and Corrective Action Mapping - Proper Sequencing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Registered or Certified - What is the proper terminology? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 17
M Risk Analysis Flow - Confusion between ISO 14971 and IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 7
B FAR/Prime Contractor Flow-down Tool - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
G New CAPA Work Flow with Revised 8D Approach Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 35
Q AS9120B flow down to external providers: Records Retention AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
Q What is the Normal Flow in an ERP for Manufacturing? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
D Virtual Documentation via Master Flow Chart? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3