What is the Q-map in PPAP?

M

Mr.Columbo

Hello Everybody!
It is my first topic and first question here.
I would like to know what is the Q-map in PPAP?
One of our customer wants it.
Thanks in advance!
Regards,Norbert

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

chris7908

Re: What is the Q-map?

Hello Norbert,

This is a good question..........
I would like to know either.
Please give us an info about it!

Br
Krisztian

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Is this for something in electronics? I found "q map" to come up as "quantized maximum a posteriori". That then generated a bunch of links including this.

The other option is to reach out to your customer and ask for more details about their request...without saying you don't know what it is. They might provide information that will point you in the correct direction.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
<snip>...without saying you don't know what it is. <snip>
Personally I'd explain that I had never heard of a "Q-Map", respectfully ask the customer what it is and where the requirement for one is. I have never heard of a Q-Map before. It isn't in the APQP or PPAP manuals.

Tell me what it is and if it's not part of a standard PPAP package, I might want to add an additional charge if it's more work and isn't somewhere in their Customer Specific Requirements or the contract. If it IS somewhere in their Customer Specific Requirements or the contract, then what a Q-Map is should have been asked at the contract stage.

M

Mr.Columbo

Hello All!
Thanks for many ideas! I found an example in our system in the meantime.
The requested Q-map contain the sample product of cad pictures, part pictures (on every assembling process), inspection system,same like beforehand attached document by Miner. Yes, I think I must ask the customer about Q-map, what customer wants exacly...
Thanks again!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O PPAP Process Map - Does anyone map out the PPAP process for the Big Three? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S Process Map for Supplier Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
T Operational setup of how FIFO / Process Map on Lithium Batteries is done Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Creating a Plant Level Value Stream Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
T Value Chain Map for Food Services Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 1
M AS9100D Process Map Requirements - PEAR Forms AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 18
Q To include Context and Interested Parties in Process Map? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Help needed for Compliance Road-Map - Startup making their first device (IVD) IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Cross Function Process Map for Document Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
C Process Map Transition from ISO9001:2008 to ISO9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
O Process Mapping prior to Validation and Software to use to Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 12
S Process Map for an Engineering Consulting Firm Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 6
M Does a process map satisfy 21 CFR 820.20(d) (Quality Plan)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Heat Map ISO/TS 16949:2009 Clauses IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
H What are "Quality Processes" and how to map them? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
8 VSM (Value Stream Map) Issue Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
S Process Map and defining KPIs Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
Z ISO/IEC 20000 Checklist and/or Implementation Road Map IT (Information Technology) Service Management 11
F Is every activity required to be mentioned in BSC strategy map ? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
A Sequence and Interaction of the Processes - Please review my Process Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
P Problem with creating VSM current map Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S Depicting Communication Flow Gaps between Departments/Process Steps on a Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
Q Process Maps: Sales, different products, more boxes - Critique my map? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Auditor Requirement to 'Map' TS 16949 Requirements against our QMS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 27
B Please review my QMS Overview Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Include Suppliers in my Process Map? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L Travel - Route Finder Map HD app After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
D Definition MAP definition - I believe it has something to do in MSA Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
K AS9100 rev c Process Map examples wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
AnaMariaVR2 Map That Data The Reading Room 0
Z Process Map or Turtle Diagram - Which tool to use in my TS-16949 system IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
P PDP (Product Development Process) and APQP Process Map APQP and PPAP 3
S Cluster or Sector - Organisation Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 6
S Purchasing Process Map for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 - Example wanted Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
M Process Map for a Consulting Firm Service Industry Specific Topics 2
S Process Map of Document Control - Review wanted (Visio) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
S Process Map - Turtle Diagram for Document Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
K Document Universe - A road map to where documents are located in the org. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
L Road Map for TQM Implementation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
J What's the meaning of word "map" (Map these requirements with your implemented QMS)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
5 What are your thoughts on my NPD (New Product Development) process map? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 17
H Beautiful, Graphic, Process Map examples wanted - Graphic design is important Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
Q Unsupported ISO areas in Process map? Finance and Accounting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q Processes Map matching procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Software Life Cycle Process Map? Template or example wanted IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
B Quality Planning process map - Struggling to define all the inputs and outputs Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 17
A Process Mapping - for "Audits" - Detailed process map + macro map + FMEA Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 10