What is the Rev C equivalent for an RABQSA AS9100 Certified Lead Auditor course?

T

tkevmoore

I went thru AS9100, Rev B Lead Auditor training back in 2008 from a training provider with an RABQSA certified course. I did not repeat the training for Rev C since there was very little change in the standard. As I plan on retiring this year, my company is looking to train my replacement who has experience in auditing and aerospace but not the formalized training. What is the Rev C equivalent for an RABQSA Certified Lead Auditor course? How soon after it's release will Rev D Lead Auditor training be available?

Thanks for your informed responses.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
I went thru AS9100, Rev B Lead Auditor training back in 2008 from a training provider with an RABQSA certified course. I did not repeat the training for Rev C since there was very little change in the standard.

Not sure who gave you that information but the changes in Rev C were significant - (intro to metrics, PEARS, OER and many clarification to requirements and expansion of risk assessments... and on, and on and...

What is the Rev C equivalent for an RABQSA Certified Lead Auditor course?

Not sure about the question but if you want to become an external (third party auditor) you need to take the AS9100 Lead Auditor course for AS9100C and the AATT course.

How soon after it's release will Rev D Lead Auditor training be available?

The standard is currently in draft form and rumors has it that it could be release in late 2016 or early 2017.

T

tkevmoore

Guess I needed to be a little more specific. I'm the Management Rep for a defense contractor and while I had worked extensively in the ISO, I was not as familiar with AS. But I was not looking to be a certified AS Auditor.

So the first thing I did to familiarize myself with the standard was take an RABQSA certified AS9100 (Rev B at that time) Lead Auditor class. Since I'm retiring, my potential replacement is in the same position I was (ISO but no AS experience). Looking for a similarly qualified/certified class for Rev C that they can take.

AndyN

Moved On
I find it somewhat amusing and, at the same time, concerning, that people sign up for a Lead Auditor course to "learn" the standards. That, specifically (if you know the course providers' prerequisites) is NOT supposed to be taught in class...

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Guess I needed to be a little more specific. I'm the Management Rep for a defense contractor and while I had worked extensively in the ISO, I was not as familiar with AS. But I was not looking to be a certified AS Auditor.

So the first thing I did to familiarize myself with the standard was take an RABQSA certified AS9100 (Rev B at that time) Lead Auditor class. Since I'm retiring, my potential replacement is in the same position I was (ISO but no AS experience). Looking for a similarly qualified/certified class for Rev C that they can take.

Thanks for the update but I am a little confused. Are you looking for a course that teaches AS9100 C or are you looking for a course that certify auditor to AS9100C? - no course is available to AS9100D.

T

tkevmoore

Again things have changed since I took the AS9100 Rev B class which not only covered the standard but also fulfilled the training requirement for an Aerospace Lead Auditor. What I'm really looking for is first-rate training that will not only cover the standard but also auditing the standard's requirements. Maybe it has to be 2 separate classes?

AndyN

Moved On
Again things have changed since I took the AS9100 Rev B class which not only covered the standard but also fulfilled the training requirement for an Aerospace Lead Auditor. What I'm really looking for is first-rate training that will not only cover the standard but also auditing the standard's requirements. Maybe it has to be 2 separate classes?

Auditing to "B" is the same as auditing to "C". Why do you think it's going to be different? Why do you feel it's necessary to pay money to someone to tell you what's in a document you can read yourself? If you don't want to be an AEA or similar, then save your time, the company's money and study up on the requirements over a coffee and donut...

JLyt207

Involved In Discussions
If you are looking for a class that is good for teaching the basics to a newbie, I would avoid the Lead Auditor class. It does assume a familiarity with the standard. I took it two years ago. More time was spent on the mechanics of an audit rather than on how to audit. It was geared for people that will be leading audit teams.

But if the person has some knowledge it is a good course for those being audited. But the value came from the stories the other people told during discussions. All the others in my class were experienced auditors. They had some good stories. Of course, your experience will be different.

J0anne

Joanne
I find it somewhat amusing and, at the same time, concerning, that people sign up for a Lead Auditor course to "learn" the standards. That, specifically (if you know the course providers' prerequisites) is NOT supposed to be taught in class...

I agree Andy; not enough people take the time to read them and more often than not, that's all that's necessary. :applause:

Top Bottom