What is the salary range per hour for a Quality Management System Coordinator?

Q

QC JEWEL

I'm wondering what is the range of salary for a QMS Coordinator at USA. I will be looking for a job here at USA and I would like to have a base. I used to work in Mexico but I think even a good MX salary would be low compared with USA. Please advise. Jewel. :bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: What is the salary range per hour for a Quality Managment System Coordinator?

ASQ does a survey that you might want to look at, but it is just a guide. Depends on a lot of variables. In our area $30-35,000 would be about it.

I

isoalchemist

Re: What is the salary range per hour for a Quality Managment System Coordinator?

Some of the job websites have a salary calculator attached with them. One of the main variables is location. East Coast, Mid-West, South have significant differences in ranges simply based on cost of living.

Q

QC JEWEL

Some of the job websites have a salary calculator attached with them. One of the main variables is location. East Coast, Mid-West, South have significant differences in ranges simply based on cost of living.
I'm looking for south of USA, In the Texas area. Thanks for your response.

K

kgott

ASQ does a survey that you might want to look at, but it is just a guide. Depends on a lot of variables. In our area $30-35,000 would be about it.

This figure is a real worry for me. I heard from another employee who has regular contact with the <<>> oil company that the story going around in that company was they could build a gas plant in the U.S for 3 times less than they are buidling it here in Australia.

Whith salaries like $35k a year for a quality coordiantor I now know why <<>> said that. The going rate for a quality coordinator is about 2.5 - 3 times that here and up on site its about 4-5 times that much.

Whats happening in the U.S. is a real concern here but not that many people here know about whats happening in the US either.

In recent times I have read:

the US has the second highest rate of imprisonment in the world after some former soviet state whose name I dont know how to spell.

the US has the greatest income inequality in a whole group of counteries surveyed. Only Zambia and Norway were worse.

something like nearly on third of the US population relies on food stamps but money for corporate welfare seems to be a bottomless pit.

What worries me the most is that all this going to come to Australia and in fact its on its way now.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I just looked up the latest ASQ salary survey (QP Dec 2011).

A Coordinator is defined as: Collects, organizes, monitors and distributes information related to quality and process improvement functions, possibly including but not limited to compliance to and documentation of quality management standards, such as ISO 9001. Typically generates reports using computer skills and distributes those reports to various users in the organization
or among customers and suppliers.

For Texas
Coordinator
Minimum 40,000
Maximum 105,000
Standard
deviation 22,489
Count 9
Mean 73,055
Median 80,000

As you can see there is a broad range that depends on experience, certification, education, company size and much more.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
The thing to remember is that the people that reply to the ASQ survey are usually the ones with the higer pay and the ones who have been there longer. Many companies simply put a price on the job as this is the most we will pay and the raises are just yearly raises of 2% or so. if you have a job you can be more selective. Talk to the workers, they will let you know. I have heard many times of recent that "this used to be a good place to work. Benefits are critical to look at and their value. Again, as I told my oldest daughter, "if you work for the man....."

Q

QC JEWEL

The thing to remember is that the people that reply to the ASQ survey are usually the ones with the higer pay and the ones who have been there longer. Many companies simply put a price on the job as this is the most we will pay and the raises are just yearly raises of 2% or so. if you have a job you can be more selective. Talk to the workers, they will let you know. I have heard many times of recent that "this used to be a good place to work. Benefits are critical to look at and their value. Again, as I told my oldest daughter, "if you work for the man....."
Good advice, I'm in the searching for job now, you are right benefits count. I'm waiting to hear from a job but they told me they will contact me until January.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E What is the average salary range for a 5 to 8 year experienced Quality Engineer? Career and Occupation Discussions 25
A Salary Range for a TS 16949 Coordinator? Career and Occupation Discussions 13
C Salary for a CI Manager Career and Occupation Discussions 7
R Female auditors earn 18% less than male auditors - IRCA Salary Survey 2014 Career and Occupation Discussions 0
P Salary Increment (Opinions Requested) Career and Occupation Discussions 1
Ajit Basrur Singapore politicians to face salary cuts Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
M Motivation: High or Low Salary? Career and Occupation Discussions 39
C What is the Salary for a certified 6 Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 24
Wes Bucey That dreaded Job Interview Salary Question Career and Occupation Discussions 46
J Quality Pros? Salaries on the Upswing, ASQ Salary Survey Says Career and Occupation Discussions 4
A ASQ 2010 QP Salary Survey Career and Occupation Discussions 6
D A survey on salary in the QA field around your area. Career and Occupation Discussions 11
J Salary / Rates for CMM Programmers in UK - Quick Question Career and Occupation Discussions 5
S Employee Salary is not Credited Career and Occupation Discussions 7
bobdoering Ford Executives To Take Thirty Percent Salary Reduction. World News 7
B Salary Requirements as part of initial resume/CV submission Career and Occupation Discussions 13
K Average Salary for Quality Personnel? Career and Occupation Discussions 12
ScottK Quality Control Inspectors - Hourly or Salary? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
Q Job Application Cover Letter With Salary Requirements Career and Occupation Discussions 13
D Who should decide on my salary and adjustments? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
ScottK 2007 ASQ (American Society for Quality) Salary Survey - Figure 1 on page 31 Career and Occupation Discussions 7
Q Quality Digest 2007 Salary Survey Available Online Career and Occupation Discussions 1
M Where to get a PDF document with wages from ASQ salary review issue Career and Occupation Discussions 5
Marc Demystifying Salary Information - Negotiating your pay Career and Occupation Discussions 2
ScottK 2006 ASQ Quality Salary Survey Career and Occupation Discussions 44
S Certification Body Auditor Day Rate Salary Career and Occupation Discussions 9
Q Quality Magazine Salary Survey 2006 Career and Occupation Discussions 12
Marc Engineers Working Harder for Their Paycheck - 2006 Design News Salary Survey Career and Occupation Discussions 0
P Do you discuss salary history when asked? Career and Occupation Discussions 26
samer Are your employees asking for a salary increase? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S Salary assessment: What am I worth to my company? Career and Occupation Discussions 18
Q Quality Magazine Online Salary Survey Results - Quality Assurance Related Occupations Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
RoxaneB ASQ Quality Progress Salary Survey - Some Problems encountered Career and Occupation Discussions 13
Marc Quality Digest 2004 Salary Survey - Yearly Elsmar Cove Poll - Where do YOU stand? Career and Occupation Discussions 17
T Black Belt Training and Salary Discussion Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
Marc The ASQ Salary Poll - 2001 through 2003 Career and Occupation Discussions 42
D Quality Professional Salary Survey Career and Occupation Discussions 1
S QS-9000 Coordinator - What is the average salary I should expect? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
T Simulate Tolerance Range with Real Parts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
D How to calculate the A4 constants in Median/Range control charts? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Z GR&R: What if there are points out of limit in range charts? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Eva lee Which is the range for the validated batch size(for example ±5%, 10%) is acceptable? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
S OEM full range calibrations vs Validation special test points Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
D Limited Range Calibration - 5000 lb Industrial floor scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S How MR (Moving Range) in Z-MR chart is calculated Using Minitab Software 5
Ronen E Tolerance intervals (?) question - Flow Rate Probability Range Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
K Please Help! what is ARL for the range and standard deviation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
M Electropolishing Validation of Orthopedic Parts - What OQ parameter range Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
T Adding an adapter to a Torque Meter to change the Range Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
V Correlating Maximum 'Range' of Values for a given "RSD" (Control Limits) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3