What Is Your Company's Head Honchos Background - Poll

What is your company's Head Honcho's background?

• Accountant

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Production

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Quality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Past Head Honcho's Relation

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • None of these

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Started the business him/herself

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Head Honcho

Thought it would be interesting to see the background of your HEAD HONCHO at your company. Thoughts and interesting stories are appreciated.

Last edited:
B

Bob_M

Our boss/owner was/is a bean-counter, a past production employee of the company, past HR manager of the company, 1/3 owner, son of past partial owner? (who is 1/3 current owner now - retired).

Our boss has been many things. *shrug*

I picked accountant above.

C

Craig H.

Bob_M said:
Our boss/owner was/is a bean-counter, a past production employee of the company, past HR manager of the company, 1/3 owner, son of past partial owner? (who is 1/3 current owner now - retired).

Our boss has been many things. *shrug*

I picked accountant above.

Bob,
Actually, to me, having a generalist cheif makes tons of sense.

I work for a family business. The owners are very laid back, and are good to work for - much heavier on the praise than the other stuff.

Craig

E

energy

Past Honcho came from Sales and had no clue what a QMS was and just believed everything he read regarding running a business. They are on the skids now, steeped in Investigations and allegations of improprieties(sp). I couldn't be happier.:)

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I voted Past Head Honcho Relation, but that does not do him justice. The current owner worked (hard) for his father before he took over as CEO. We have a few guys who have worked here since that time. They like to tell stories about when He was running machines next to them. His father treated him like any other employee, how else was he going to groom him to pass the business on to him? I've been told our owner has done every job in the place at one time or another. I have much respect. To this day you could walk into our shop and would not be able to pick out the owner. He looks like the rest of us in his Cintas uniform.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I voted Accountant, only because the Top Dog at my location has a financial background. Our sister plant 2 hours down the road has a Top Dog with an Engineering/production background. And the COO for Canada is part of the family.

Goodness knows what the backgrounds are for the other Top Dogs at our remaining 9 North American plants.

I do know that the overall organization is owned by a Brasillian family who prefers to have the Ultimate Chief as part of the family. The family members are trained to learn all aspects fo the company. While I don't believe they've worked on the floor specifically, they have been out there and seen the processes, learned the processes. Our COO has been in Purchasing, HR, IT, Strategic Development, Accounting, and Production.

B

Bob_M

Craig H. said:
Bob,
Actually, to me, having a generalist cheif makes tons of sense.
I work for a family business. The owners are very laid back, and are good to work for - much heavier on the praise than the other stuff.
Craig

Yes technically our company is "family" owned and at times the company is laid back. (We can wear jeans, shorts, and "nice" t-shirts, but most of us in the office of 6 wear jeans/pants and polo shirts...)

Our owner/president has worked in production and the office before they bought the company...

Randy

Super Moderator
Our head honcho is related to the last one by marriage.

We named my wife as the boss last year and elected me as the worker.

Of course there are only 2 of us in the company :p

R

Randy Stewart

Our President came from mfg. He holds no degree and came from the shop floor of this company. He started here in the Press Room some 20 years ago, got into Program Management and went on from there. He has seen this company go from the first owners garage to $80 mil in sales last year and 3 facilities.

Hey Cari, are we competitors here? I may need to limit some of my posts form now on! :vfunny:

Top Bottom