What Is Your Company's Head Honchos Background - Poll

What is your company's Head Honcho's background?

• Accountant

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Production

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Quality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Past Head Honcho's Relation

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • None of these

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Started the business him/herself

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Head Honcho

Thought it would be interesting to see the background of your HEAD HONCHO at your company. Thoughts and interesting stories are appreciated.

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bob_M

Our boss/owner was/is a bean-counter, a past production employee of the company, past HR manager of the company, 1/3 owner, son of past partial owner? (who is 1/3 current owner now - retired).

Our boss has been many things. *shrug*

I picked accountant above.

C

Craig H.

Bob_M said:
Our boss/owner was/is a bean-counter, a past production employee of the company, past HR manager of the company, 1/3 owner, son of past partial owner? (who is 1/3 current owner now - retired).

Our boss has been many things. *shrug*

I picked accountant above.
Bob,
Actually, to me, having a generalist cheif makes tons of sense.

I work for a family business. The owners are very laid back, and are good to work for - much heavier on the praise than the other stuff.

Craig

E

energy

Past Honcho came from Sales and had no clue what a QMS was and just believed everything he read regarding running a business. They are on the skids now, steeped in Investigations and allegations of improprieties(sp). I couldn't be happier.:)

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I voted Past Head Honcho Relation, but that does not do him justice. The current owner worked (hard) for his father before he took over as CEO. We have a few guys who have worked here since that time. They like to tell stories about when He was running machines next to them. His father treated him like any other employee, how else was he going to groom him to pass the business on to him? I've been told our owner has done every job in the place at one time or another. I have much respect. To this day you could walk into our shop and would not be able to pick out the owner. He looks like the rest of us in his Cintas uniform.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I voted Accountant, only because the Top Dog at my location has a financial background. Our sister plant 2 hours down the road has a Top Dog with an Engineering/production background. And the COO for Canada is part of the family.

Goodness knows what the backgrounds are for the other Top Dogs at our remaining 9 North American plants.

I do know that the overall organization is owned by a Brasillian family who prefers to have the Ultimate Chief as part of the family. The family members are trained to learn all aspects fo the company. While I don't believe they've worked on the floor specifically, they have been out there and seen the processes, learned the processes. Our COO has been in Purchasing, HR, IT, Strategic Development, Accounting, and Production.

B

Bob_M

Craig H. said:
Bob,
Actually, to me, having a generalist cheif makes tons of sense.
I work for a family business. The owners are very laid back, and are good to work for - much heavier on the praise than the other stuff.
Craig
Yes technically our company is "family" owned and at times the company is laid back. (We can wear jeans, shorts, and "nice" t-shirts, but most of us in the office of 6 wear jeans/pants and polo shirts...)

Our owner/president has worked in production and the office before they bought the company...

Randy

Super Moderator
Our head honcho is related to the last one by marriage.

We named my wife as the boss last year and elected me as the worker.

Of course there are only 2 of us in the company :p

R

Randy Stewart

Our President came from mfg. He holds no degree and came from the shop floor of this company. He started here in the Press Room some 20 years ago, got into Program Management and went on from there. He has seen this company go from the first owners garage to $80 mil in sales last year and 3 facilities.

Hey Cari, are we competitors here? I may need to limit some of my posts form now on! :vfunny:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A FDA Quality Audits 21cfr820.22 - Audits by the head of the company not allowed ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
J Sister-company providing parts is only ISO 9001 registered IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
D IATF 16949 Requirement for CMMI in a Global Company Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 0
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
M Address change for a company with CE/ISO13485 EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M IT validation for a paper based MD repair company QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M QMS for a repair/servicing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Internal Audits in a tiny Dx Company Internal Auditing 33
T ISO 13485 - 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority - Small Company Independence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
F Quality manual for trading company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
L Implementing the PRRC role in a company EU Medical Device Regulations 5
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 17
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
qualprod Corona virus Contingency plan - What have you done in your company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Q Must product name be listed the same name in FURLS, UDI, GUDID and Company Website? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
L Contracted Manufacture Company wanting to be able to design and manufacture own product. 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
D ISO9001 for one man company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Client Communication - SaaMD company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
E Company A supplies pharmaceuticals to the MOI - Who is responsible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S How to determine & document Organizational Knowledge of a company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
U IT Process is Taken From company and Added to Corporate Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
N Non traumatic edge - Remark in some of my company drawings EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Inventory management for a small startup device company Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
J ISO 9001 - How to decide if a company needs or will benefit from certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
E What are appropriate deviations for a LHR/DHR? (Medical Device Company) Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
R ISO 13485 and QMS related concepts Training - Small medical device startup company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
B Is it necessary to conduct product audit of entire product which is manufactured in the company as per IATF IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
T AS9100D - Scope of QMS for New Company - Only Choosing a Function Subset Due to Management AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
K Does company who manufacture but does not design or carry out clinical trials is responsible for CE marking for single use medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Who is the Management Representative in my company? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M BCM (Business Continuity) and BPM in a company with an IT System Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 0
S Maintain and repair services company require ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
qualprod The Perfect audit? External Audit causes a significant negative impact in a company General Auditing Discussions 9
V CE Mark under MDD or IVDR - IVD company doing Virtual Manufacturing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Receiver of noise from neighbor company ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5