What is your understanding or interpretation of TS16949 7.4.1.2

D

DavidG62

Question to the members of this forum, when you see the word accredited in TS 16949 7.4.1.2, what is your understanding or interpretation? My understanding is that the accreditation mark is a member of the IAF. Thanks...

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: TS16949 7.4.1.2

David,

Non-IAF members may argue they also operate according to ISO/IEC 17011.

Then your problem is one of evidence.

But as at June 2013 "accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 or national equivalent is not required", according to Ford Motor Company.

All your customer may require, for now, is evidence that your lab operates to ISO/IEC 17025 or national equivalent.

John

D

DavidG62

:thanks: John,

Yes they can argue but how do they prove it? Even an accredited certification body comes under scrutiny. I read this morning on a blog stating the IATF is accepting all 'accredited" marks even ones that are fake. Not sure if it is true or not got to be careful what you read on the internet...;)

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

David,

In the good ole days, each country had just one accreditation body that was recognized as its government.

Now non-IAF accreditation is becoming like the Wild West.

It's only a matter of time before the IATF, FDA or similar body has to get a grip of lab accreditation.

John

D

DavidG62

According to a letter that is posted in that blog from the IAOB; they are accepting ANY ISO 9001 certificate with an accreditation mark. That accreditation mark does not have to be a member of the IAF MLA. :rolleyes:

AndyN

Moved On
According to a letter that is posted in that blog from the IAOB; they are accepting ANY ISO 9001 certificate with an accreditation mark. That accreditation mark does not have to be a member of the IAF MLA. :rolleyes:

Hmmm - "caveat emptor" comes to mind! Sadly, they may NOT know the difference, but it's also very scary that a) they don't or b) they do, but are afraid of a law suit because of their position on preferring IAF membership!

D

DavidG62

Unfortunately you are probably correct with "b". Afraid of a lawsuit instead of doing what's right. I believe ANAB lost a lawsuit against American Global and the main reason why the IATF and IAOB issued such a letter.

Top Bottom