What ISO certification is for an IT department?

hattan

Registered
good day,

I have a question, for an IT dept for a small business for about 50 people is it necessary to get ISO certification ? (for IT dept) If yes, what would be the best or proper ISO certification as there are so many. I'm really new to this certification and i need help.

secondly, if it is a bare IT dept just setting up, do the IT dept needs to setup the infrastructure first or do i get the consultation from the people who is handling the ISO on how to setup the infrastructure, networking , servers , hardware's, software... etc ..

greatly appreciated if anyone can give me some advice on this.

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
hattan,

What is the driving force behind the consideration of ISO certification for the IT department? What ISO certification is being considered?

hattan

Registered
hi johnny, I'm totally new to this certification hence i have no idea which ISO certification suits best for an IT dept. It is definitely not an IT service provider but we do manage some clients and also maintain the office network.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi, hattan. Welcome to the cove. :bigwave:
What does your company make or do? And why only the IT department?

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
good day,

I have a question, for an IT dept for a small business for about 50 people is it necessary to get ISO certification ? (for IT dept) If yes, what would be the best or proper ISO certification as there are so many. I'm really new to this certification and i need help.

secondly, if it is a bare IT dept just setting up, do the IT dept needs to setup the infrastructure first or do i get the consultation from the people who is handling the ISO on how to setup the infrastructure, networking , servers , hardware's, software... etc ..

greatly appreciated if anyone can give me some advice on this.
Hattan
Welcome to Elsmar cove.
What is the reason for implementing an ISO standard?
A customer is asking you something in this regard?
In the second point, if ISO is justified, adapt the standard to your needs not the other way around.
additionally, the standard will not define for you in details, hardware, protocols, speeds, software, etc.
Give us more details, in order to receive precise guidelines,

Regards

hattan

Registered
Hattan
Welcome to Elsmar cove.
What is the reason for implementing an ISO standard?
In the second point, if ISO is justified, adapt the standard to your needs not the other way around.
additionally, the standard will not define for you in details, hardware, protocols, speeds, software, etc.
Give us more details, in order to receive precise guidelines,

Regards
'What is the reason for implementing an ISO standard?'
i though it like a best practice? something important, something necessary for an IT dept.
not at the moment.
' the standard will not define for you in details, hardware, protocols, speeds, software, etc.'Give us more details, in order to receive precise guidelines,'
i meant like a check list, for example will it include like how the network cabling is done, or what type of switches are used.. is there like a guide or check list?

Top Bottom