What ISO standards to get for an IT Company

W

william72123

I would like to know what are the ISO standards are get to for the IT Company in current situation? please any one have details please explain here.

N

natecsss

Re: ISO standards?

We will need a little more information to be able to give you more concrete and specific answers

AndyN

Moved On
I would like to know what are the ISO standards are get to for the IT Company in current situation? please any one have details please explain here.

There are 2 basic standards which are applicable to an "IT" company. ISO 20000 for IT "Services" and ISO 27000 for Information Security. You could use ISO 9001, but it's less applicable in most circumstances.

S

Straliatto

Which standard to chose depends mostly from your needs. ISO 9001 is applicable to all industries and reffers to quality management, it is a good start for entering the world of standards.

But, as pointed ot in previous comment, ISO 27001 information security and ISO 2000 IT sevices management would be more appropriate for you.

I

infosaas

ISO9001 = Quality Management. Good common sense business practices, understanding customer requirements and delivering against them, management direction, internal audits, continual improvement. Pretty much a foundation standard that can be built upon by other standards.

ISO20000 = IT Service Management - aka the "ITIL Standard". A prescriptive set of activities covering the effective use of IT, including change management, incident management, release management, financial management, information security etc. Very precise requirements = not the easiest to obtain.

ISO27001 = Information Security Management, a full framework for managing risks to an organisation's (and its customers') data. Identification of assets, risk assessment, control implementation, security training, security incident management etc. Pretty much a standard expectation for most work in 2015...

Top Bottom