What non work related organizations do you belong to?

S

silentrunning

I was wondering what organizations everyone belongs to. I am thinking about non work related such as Rotary, Lions, Moose, Red Cross, etc. I think it would be interesting to find out what Covers find important outside of work.

Doug

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: What no work related organizations do you belong to?

I was wondering what organizations everyone belongs to. I am thinking about non work related such as Rotary, Lions, Moose, Red Cross, etc. I think it would be interesting to find out what Covers find important outside of work.

Doug

Right now my 90 'Vette is taking a good deal of my time and Judi takes most of the rest.

C

CMathe

Sigma Alpha Epsilon

S

Sorin

FF a.k.a Family & Friends

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator

Hubby and I belong to our local chapter of Southern Cruisers Riding Club....great group of bikers! :cool:

AndyN

Moved On

The 'OLLRS' - Organization of Lost Land Rover Souls - all my time and money goes to keeping the thing running......:lol:

Seriously, I don't make/get much time outside of work other than running things around here! (single Dad!)

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

I play baritone horn in an adult band that gives free concerts in the community.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource

I spend a fair amount of time tilting at windmills to improve our county's emergency services system. Up until recently I was a licensed EMT. I do a fair amount of work for the American Cancer Society through our company's Relay for Life Team and I'm active in my church's missions and hospitality teams. I also belong to a social club of women in my age group from or with connections to the South. Mostly, I am a mom :bighug: and that keeps me busy.

S

silentrunning

I forgot to post my own information. Most of my civic duties are in the past. The last 2 years have been spent taking care of an ailing wife, but there is light at the end of the tunnel on that. She is back up to about 90% healthy now so I should be able to do more. I have served as a volunteer fireman and EMT. I was the president of our civic association, secretary and president of the local AACA chapter (antique cars). Now what little free time I have I spend raising Quails and chickens, kayaking and fossil hunting.

Doug

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator

I attend monthly local soccer club meetings and will coach in the fall again

I helped coach T-Ball this spring

I participate in the Father's Club for my kids' school

I just joined IMPS (International Plastic Modeler's Society) USA. Don't know if I'll be attending meetings regulary though. It's kind of a haul.

I'm also now training for a half-marathon in October, but this is on my own and not with a runners club.

Top Bottom