Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

What plans have been put in place to achieve quality objectives?

Measurable quality objectives have long been a part of ISO 9001. What is new is the requirement to plan actions to make them happen. The plans are intended to be specific and actionable, addressing actions, resources, responsibilities, timeframes, and evaluation of results.

Randy

Super Moderator
I think you might be incorrect, planning has always been a requirement, the only thing that has changed is the formatted language.

Thanks for the information but you're about 4 years behind the power curve.

6.2.2 is where this shows up. There is a prescriptive list of things that quality objective planning needs to be determine. However, if you read 6.2.2 carefully you will note that there is no requirement for documents or records involved with this activity. If asked how you are doing this, you should be able to verbally explain each one.

a) what will be done
b) what resources will be required
c) who will be responsible
d) when it will be completed
e) how the results will be evaluated

Prescriptive the list may be, but no documented information is mandated. I would strongly recommend not falling into the trap of creating a written procedure and keeping records.

tony s

Information Seeker
Trusted
Prescriptive the list may be, but no documented information is mandated. I would strongly recommend not falling into the trap of creating a written procedure and keeping records.
I agree. The problem is when auditors look for documented "plan of actions" and tie it to the statement under 6.2.1 "The organization shall maintain documented information on the quality objectives".

Another reference that auditors might exploit for asking documented action plans is the International Accreditation Forum Auditing Practices Group Guidance on Policy, Objectives and Management Review statement that "It is up to the auditors to satisfy themselves that the objectives are adequately documented".

Top Bottom