What qualifications are required to become an auditor for a CB (BSI, for example)?

pearson114

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

Hoping for a little advice, what qualifications are required to become an auditor for a CB (BSI, for example)?

Also, what's the starting salary? I've tried looking on various sites but I'm struggling to find any information.

Thanks in advance...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Becoming a CB Auditor - UK

Depends on what you want to audit, every scheme has different requirements. I've always found it best to ask the organization what they want or need and what I must be able to supply

A real quick look at BSI Career's that are posted for an automotive I found this:
"To be successful in this role you?ll be able to demonstrate 6 years? experience from the past 10 within the automotive industry, with a minimum 2 years quality assurance experience dedicated to ISO/TS16949. This experience would be from direct OEM Vehicle manufacture or through the automotive supply chain. The successful applicant must also have a knowledge of the automotive core tools which include SPC, FMEA, MSA and APQP. Having a current IATF Assessor qualification would also be highly advantageous.

Knowledge and training in ISO 9001 is also highly desirable as is a degree level education or equivalent . A comprehensive knowledge of business processes and management systems is also required."

For chemical and process auditors I found this:
"To be successful in this role you?ll have practical experience within the Chemical and Process Industries with a comprehensive knowledge of business processes and management systems living in the Central Belt or North East region of Scotland.

Knowledge and training in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHS 18001 is highly desirable as is a degree level education or equivalent and a NEBOSH qualification.

We help our clients achieve best practice so that means you?ll need to have the ability to assimilate, articulate and present information at a high level. You?ll be working constantly with clients so excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal communication and written report writing skills are also essential."

Why don't you check out (AUDIT) the different CB websites to try and get your answer?

pearson114

Involved In Discussions
Re: Becoming a CB Auditor - UK

Thanks Randy,

I have tried searching tonight however using the web browser on my phone it struggles on some sites. Hence I didn't get as far as you did.

My back ground is predominantly ISO9001 & AS9100, so therefore didn't check out automotive either.

I will bring the laptop home tomorrow and have a good browse.

I just wondered if there were any current auditors who could share any information.

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: What qualifications are required to become an auditor for a CB (BSI, for example)

I am a current auditor and have about 14 years with the CB you noted. There is a need for AS9100 in the UK, but achieving CB certification can be challenging at best. Now if you're looking for External (contract) work the UK folks are advertising that as well.

Just go to the BIS site and look under "Careers"....Here's a link but it may go dead

https://globalcareers-bsigroup.icim...chLocation=&searchCategory=&hashed=-435741684

Good luck

L

lk2012

Re: What qualifications are required to become an auditor for a CB (BSI, for example)

Thanks Randy,
making this more generic perhaps:
is there a good website / job board advertising external auditor jobs?
I've been using Totaljobs in the UK and I haven't seen a single valid post on there.
much appreciated
Lil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T MDR Adverse Events Assessments - What qualifications are required? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
R Quality Control Engineer: What are the minimum skills/qualifications required? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
V Supplier wants to perform pre-qualifications prior to every run instead of locking in parameters. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
A ISO 17025 Requirement 6.2 - Department Manager Testing Qualifications ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
P Consultant Auditing Qualifications Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
M API 6D-2014 24th Ed. Pto 6.10 - Heat Treatment Equipment Qualifications Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
Casana 2nd Party and Internal Auditor Qualifications & Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
M CO2 Incubators - Equipment Qualifications in addition to Calibration Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
K SSBB Qualifications and Experience Requirements Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
X Internal Audit Trainer Qualifications Requirements (TS 16949) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
N Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc. Career and Occupation Discussions 2
C Software Planning Tool for Equipment Qualifications, Process Validations Software Quality Assurance 3
F Internal Audit quiz - Auditor Qualifications and Requirements Internal Auditing 34
B Internal Auditor Qualifications - TS 16949 Clause 8.2.2.5 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
J Where do you define Internal Auditor qualifications? Internal Auditing 9
D Minimum requirements/experience/qualifications to be head of quality Career and Occupation Discussions 6
K Qualifications I need to adhere to for Thread Gage Calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
D ESD Auditor - Qualifications Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
K CQE/SSGB Qualifications and Requirements Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
D Retrospective (Retroactive) Supplier Qualifications Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
M What qualifications should a Quality Assurance Manager have? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
K Internal Auditor Qualifications ? ISO13485 vs. ISO9001 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
M Career Planing - I want to improve my qualifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
C Internal Auditor Qualifications? Small Company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Q Process and Part Qualifications - Automotive Industry and Consumer Electronics IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
P Who can carry out CQI-9 Assessments? CQI-9 Assessor Qualifications? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G Project Management Qualifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
1 Career Advice - What someone with my qualifications can shoot for Career and Occupation Discussions 7
A AS9100 Internal Auditor Training and Qualifications Internal Auditing 8
R How much Training for Process Validation? Process Performance Qualifications Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
P Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Qualifications Six Sigma 5
A TS16949 Recertification Training - Internal Auditor Qualifications Internal Auditing 4
G AS9100 & ISO 9001 Internal Audits (-+) - Auditor Qualifications AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 26
P What qualifications do you need for Auditing? General Auditing Discussions 15
S Advice on how to assess competency in the absence of academic qualifications? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
R Qualifications for taking CQE Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
L Professional Qualifications - Consulting in the UK Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
L ISO 9001 Quality Management Representative Qualifications ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
Q IQ, OQ & PQ (Installation, Operation, and Performance Qualifications) on a CMM ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B IQ, OQ, PQ - Laboratory Equipment Qualifications? (eg. incubator) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Tim Folkerts Getting a job - Strong on skills, weak on other qualifications Career and Occupation Discussions 12
M Inspector Qualifications - Qualifying someone to be an inspector Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
M Iso/ts 16949 Product Audit Auditor Criteria and Qualifications General Auditing Discussions 3
E A2LA Laboratory Management Requirements or Qualifications General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
E Source Inspection Minimum Qualifications - Complex PWAs and PWBs - SOW and J-Std-001 Career and Occupation Discussions 2
M Qualifications for TS 16949 Internal Auditors Internal Auditing 4
D Basic Requirements and Qualifications for ISO 9001 Internal Auditors ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Quality Manager Job Qualifications Career and Occupation Discussions 13
S Internal Auditor Qualifications - What qualifications should I include? Internal Auditing 49
A Internal auditor qualifications for product audits - TS 16949 Internal Auditing 16