What regulates DICOM Viewer? Wat are the mandatory info that shall be displayed on the screen?

BargeSim

Starting to get Involved
Hi everyone,

is there a technical reference (like IEC Standards or ISO, etc) what regulates DICOM Viewer (more than IEC 62304 if it is classified as medical software).
I am interested particularly on what are the mandatory info that shall be displayed on the screen: patient name, patient birthday, exposure parameters? I suppose most of these info, with respect to the DICOM Standard, can be configured to be displayed or not, but is there any reference on the information that is mandatory to be displayed.
e.g also a "scale" or the indication of planes in "x-ray devices".

Other related question: if references are available, are they different depending on technology? (MRI, X-RAY, ECO, etc.)

Thank you for your attention.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
As far as I know (and I'm not an expert on this), there are no standards regarding what you display. DICOM just defines the content and security of the images. What you display would most likely be driven by your customer needs. Maybe there are others that have more experience here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational TGA presentation: How the TGA regulates software, 7 March 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
AnaMariaVR2 FDA Regulates Lasers including Toys with Lasers US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M Who regulates Medical Device? Global Medical Device Reporting Process Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 6
P Who regulates the price of ISO 9001 certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
A Which Standard Regulates Dirt, Fibers, Hairs, etc. on/in a Medical Device? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
S UID for DICOM objects IT (Information Technology) Service Management 0
M Where to obtain a calibrated DICOM image? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Any experience on filling form, FDA 3654 for the DICOM standard? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
F MDD, Technical File, Clinical Evaluation for PACS/DICOM Viewer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Proper FDA Classification for a DICOM Viewer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 29
T IEC 62304 & FDA: Software Development Methodologies for Class II- DICOM device IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
shimonv Classification of a cloud- base viewer for the output from a medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
C Mobile Medical Device for MDD - Medical Image Viewer EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Image Viewer Classification in Australia (Software Image Processing similar to PACS) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
AnaMariaVR2 Google's Ngram Viewer Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1