What results of a design review are documented in a DHF?

P

pheuvelmans

What results of a design review are documented in a DHF, as they shall be used in medical device industry, to be FDA compliant?
Should all comments, issues which are made by the reviewers, be documented, or is the modified and committed / approved document, which is reviewed, sufficient?
Who can help me out?

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
pheuvelmans said:
What results of a design review are documented in a DHF, as they shall be used in medical device industry, to be FDA compliant?
Should all comments, issues which are made by the reviewers, be documented, or is the modified and committed / approved document, which is reviewed, sufficient?
Who can help me out?
According to 21CFR820.30(e) in part:
The results of a design review, including identification of the design, the date and the individual(s) performing the review shall be documented in the DHF.
That is what is required. If you have minutes of a meeting or another document that includes these three items, that is what you need to comply.

P

pheuvelmans

So no individual comments needed?

Thanks Al for your reply.:)
So may I conclude that the total list of individual comments from each single reviewer is not needed, according to the FDA?

What we currently use, is:
1) The document to be reviewed;
2) The updated document as a result of the review (with a notification about the review in the document history part)
3) A review report.
4) a defect list, listing all individual comments.

So the defect list is not needed to be stored in the DHF?

Pierre

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
pheuvelmans said:
Thanks Al for your reply.:)
So may I conclude that the total list of individual comments from each single reviewer is not needed, according to the FDA?

What we currently use, is:
1) The document to be reviewed;
2) The updated document as a result of the review (with a notification about the review in the document history part)
3) A review report.
4) a defect list, listing all individual comments.

So the defect list is not needed to be stored in the DHF?

Pierre
Is this a design review of a new project or is this a review for a change to an existing device? There are other considerations.

P

pheuvelmans

It is a design review of a new release of a software package, which is being built in into a medical device.
The design is extended with new functionality.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Pierre

A

andi11

I believe problems and issues that come up during design review need to be resolved, closed and be part of design review doc and added to DHF.

Top Bottom