What should be measurement method in control plan if you are defining Control method as work instruction.

Mirza Abrar

Registered
Hello,

I am working on control plan where i am defining product specification as "mixing epoxy correctly by folding method" which is define in control method as work instruction. my question is what measurement method will be. because at this point i am not able to measure the operator follows to SOP or not

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
You don’t measure the operator. You measure the strength of the epoxy.

Mirza Abrar

Registered
What I should write if I doesn’t have any way to measure strength.
still the control for failure should been in control plan

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Not all controls (or mitigations of failure modes) are measurements. Many are procedures that prevent or substantially reduce the frequency of failure. A specific method of mixing epoxy is a mitigation for failure due to improper mixing. Write the work instruction to be specific about the method just as you would include limits on any input factor such as time, temperature, pressure or dimensions n a feature or property of a material. Train the operators in the method and include why it is important. The process should also be designed to allow for enough time to properly perform the operation; supervisors are responsible for ensuring that operators are performing the process correctly - not as fast as possible.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Gluing is a special process. The manufacturer of the epoxy will have designed the process and specified the mixing and curing method. That specifies the controls sufficient to be assured of the required joint strength.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Gluing is a special process. The manufacturer of the epoxy will have designed the process and specified the mixing and curing method. That specifies the controls sufficient to be assured of the required joint strength.

Laying in my hospital bed after my surgeon replaced by left hip joint I gave my reply some further advice.

You may still need to validate the suitability of the epoxy and its proces spec for your particular application.

You may, of course, have already done this while selecting and before purchasing the epoxy.

Top Bottom