What sort of information can I furnish for a Level 2 PPAP?

D

dbulak

Not being familiar with PPAP's, I have a question. One of our customers is requesting a level 2 PPAP on some material that we supplied several weeks ago. This order was processed as a regular order with no mention of a level 2PPAP being required. What sort of information if any could I furnish for a level 2 PPAP?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

Re: Level 2 PPAP

Not being familiar with PPAP's, I have a question. One of our customers is requesting a level 2 PPAP on some material that we supplied several weeks ago. This order was processed as a regular order with no mention of a level 2PPAP being required. What sort of information if any could I furnish for a level 2 PPAP?
There are very specific requirements for PPAP submissions listed in the AIAG PPAP manual. I would suggest you obtain a copy of the current edition from AIAG.

All PPAP levels require you to have the same documentation. The different levels determine what documents need to be submitted and which should be retained and made readily available to the customer representative.

Typically, a level 2 submission would require you to send Design Records, Engineering Change documents (if any), Dimensional Results, Material Performance Test Results, Qualified Lab Documentation, Sample Product and the Part Submission Warrant. All the other documentation should be kept in a PPAP file at your location.

Check some of the links at the bottom of this page for more PPAP discussions.

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G When does containment event not require 100% sort? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
leftoverture Handling Sort/Return Requests Customer Complaints 8
B Definition Sort vs. Rework - Differences and Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
V Supplier Capability and 100% Sort causing Gage Wear APQP and PPAP 1
V PPAP - Requirements when Cpk is <1.67 - 100% Sort for Defectives APQP and PPAP 8
Marc A sort of Automotive Internet World News 3
C Minitab Column Sorting Issue - Invalid variable(s) to sort Using Minitab Software 9
G 100% Sort Verification - Statistical Method for Evaluating Suspect Material Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 19
A How should I implement work instructions when we are sort of a job shop? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Q Rework vs. Inspection and Sort - What is considered rework? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 19
T Product / Service Life Cycle Quality - Whose Responsibility to Sort, etc.? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
J Interview Question: How do you sort problems? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
L Verification of 100% Sort QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 11
D Looking for 100% sort testing equipment for overall length, flatness, and parallelism General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Marc 5-S - Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Self Discipline Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
C EIFU and information provided on a USB Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
A Loss of certification because of outdated information in the Clinical Evaluation Report CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
I Request for information regarding remote medical monitoring software (its technical documentation and the IUD system) IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
R Finding Equivalent Material Information Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Information on Process-based Internal Auditing Needed Internal Auditing 6
G Confidentiality of information during MD registration worldwide Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Risk control through Information for safety ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
B Documented information - Should be controlled? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J PQ Systems User Community information? Using GAGEpack Software 12
B PSW - Organization Manufacturing Information APQP and PPAP 0
H Do you repeat information throughout your documentation submission? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A Can a organization use a disclaimer "pending AS9100 Certification" in Marketing Information? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D FDA Information - Revising the Instructions for Use US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Need Help With Information Security Asset Risk Register IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
S Mechanical Test Under FDA Freedom of Information Act Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
Watchcat Summary of De Novo Biocompatibility Information, 2015-2018 Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
Q Self-assessment audit information Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
Sidney Vianna Release of ISO 10013:2021, Quality management systems – Guidance for documented information Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
W How long do you keep information about equipment no longer used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
L Documented Information in Internal Audits Process (9.2) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R What information do i need to get from the device manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
T Types of confidential information ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
D Preservation of Electronic Data / Information Technology ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
SANTHSH API Spec.Q1 Standards Version in Purchasing Information Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
eule del ayre Documented Information - Periodic Review of Documents? IATF 16949:2016 / ISO 9001:2015 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 34
R Information on obtaining a market authorization for China China Medical Device Regulations 2
B SN95 Respirator Approval Information Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
R Risk assessment on IT containers and the information they contain IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
O EN 301 489-1 and EN 301 489-17 - Where do we get the information of the Published versions? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
K Article 18: Implant Card and information to be communicated. EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K EU MDR Annex 1 Chapter III: Information in the Instructions for Use-23.4 (e) the performance characteristics of the device; EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Q GMDN Registration Basic preliminary Information EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J Controlled information versus defined documents / records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Medical device Reporting : Good Faith Effort for Additional information Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Cenelec updated standard information CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1