What to expect during a Change of Location Audit under AS9100D

J

Jcornett344

What should I expect from the auditor when he comes out to our new facility?

What kinds of things will he expect from me?

I have only been responsible for our transition audit last September, so I am curious to know if it will be more in depth, less in depth, quicker, shorter, etc.

I would have asked my CB but I have inundated them with emails already, so I figured I'd give them a rest.

Thanks in advance.

jenny333

Registered
The outside ISO 9001 accreditation review is the last advance before organizations get ISO 9001 confirmation. ... In view of their discoveries, the inspector will either concede your association affirmation or request remedial activities before you can be ensured.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi, J -
Are you asking about a special audit due to the fact that your company moved to a new facility? Or your next surveillance is coming up for the first time in your new facility?

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
What kinds of things will he expect from me?

What do your customers expect?

For example, customer A may require AS9102 FAIR's for each initial production run of their parts. Customer B may require PPAP. Customer C may have something in their T's & C's that requires written notification via certified letter.

The auditor should inquire about those things and then make sure there is objective evidence you have done so.

Additionally, if you moved your CMM to the new site (or any sensitive production or measuring equipment), it would make sense to have it re-calibrated (re-certified for use?) in the new location.

Top Bottom