What Type of Audit Questions to expect for ISO 9001 - 6.2 Human Resources

S

sharpsl

Just wondering what type of questions I can expect at the site HR level related to 6.2?

We do a good job in the process areas (on the shop floor) showing evidence for 6.2 but we are interested in feed back for site HR interviews.

Thanks!!;)

AndyN

Moved On
Just wondering what type of questions I can expect at the site HR level related to 6.2?

We do a good job in the process areas (on the shop floor) showing evidence for 6.2 but we are interested in feed back for site HR interviews.

Thanks!!;)

From whom? A CB auditor? An internal auditor? The answer is going to be very dependent on how your system defines the site HR's roles and responsibilities. Since any auditor should be 'testing' your system - and you haven't told us that - it's almost impossible to help you. A poor auditor might throw some questions based on identifying competencies, but they may be off base! What's HR's role? Do they 'hire and fire', take care of pay and conditions or similar. HR aren't always responsible for training etc.

S

sharpsl

The post was directed to "questions from a CB auditor." Our site HR manages the intitial hiring of employees and the firing. There is an initial test, then a review panel selects the most qualified. Once employees move into the process area, the training and testing is managed in the area.

I guess I was wondering how deep a CB auditor would jump into site Resouce Management systems.

Sorry for the confusion.

AndyN

Moved On
Unless there's some connection from the hiring to a determination of competency etc, I can't see why a CB auditor would 'go there'. I guess, as before, it's a lot to do with how your QMS defines the processes and their involvement in them. The auditor should focus on that, primarily. Has this been through an internal audit?

Big Jim

Admin

Thanks!!;)

I can't answer for any auditor, but I would be looking for evidence that the organization has determined needed competencies for each position (choosing samples) and records showing how those competencies were attained. I would also see if they have anything about it in their procedures (since this is not a required topic for a written procedure, there may not be anything, and that would be OK) and confirm that they were doing what they said they would do.

Since every audit situation is different, this is about as much as I could say unless actually in that spot. Other audit topic related to this may become evident when on site.

S

sharpsl

Thanks ........... I know it is a 'wide-open' question. Appreciate your input. :applause:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks ........... I know it is a 'wide-open' question. Appreciate your input. :applause:

I agree with the other feedbacks of the expert covers.
In addition, I would also suggest the metric and KPI if you have identified it as one of your QMS processes.
Besides, I would ask for its continual improvement and ask for the evaluation of training effectiveness, in what way you proceed in that sense and evidence for it.:bigwave:

S

steve hussain

Most auditors will look for the employees files that they interviewed during the audit. He/she will then look at their job description and link that to their competency level. if they fall short he/she will look for what training was given to bring them in line to the require competency level.
he/she will also look at how your training plan is develop and to ensure you can provide evidence the your needs analysis can be linked to your training plan.
you will also be required to show what means are used to evaluate the effectiveness of training done. etc.

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Most auditors will look for the employees files that they interviewed during the audit. He/she will then look at their job description and link that to their competency level. if they fall short he/she will look for what training was given to bring them in line to the require competency level.
he/she will also look at how your training plan is develop and to ensure you can provide evidence the your needs analysis can be linked to your training plan.
you will also be required to show what means are used to evaluate the effectiveness of training done. etc.

You should be careful and note the distinction between "employee's files" (such as records of OJT, position descriptions, etc.) and "employee files" kept by Human Resources (which are typically confidential, contains sensitive employee information, and are shared only between authorized personnel). Auditors are usually not privy to the latter, unless a special request was authorized by the employee and/or HR.

Otherwise, good points...

Last edited:

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
You should be careful and note the distinction between "employee's files" (such as records of OJT, position descriptions, etc.) and "employee files" kept by Human Resources (which are typically confidential, contains sensitive employee information, and are shared only between authorized personnel). Auditors are usually not privy to the latter, unless a special request was authorized by the employee and/or HR.

Otherwise, good points...

Yep. We have "personnel" files that are confidential, but HR maintains "training" files that are on our company intranet that anyone can access.

For us, determining training needs, providing that training and evaluating it's effectiveness is the responsibility of the process owners (peoples' bosses) - HR just maintains the records.

Top Bottom