What would a After Market Objective and how can it be measured?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Nope. I don't think Customer Satisfaction Survey can effectively capture customers' perception (at least I have not seen one), as always the quantified response is biased and create a lot more questions than answers.

Any objective shall consider financial , customer expectants, internal process capabilities, and learning/growth. Without due considerations to all abovementioned factors, we are destined to fail.

Ernst,

Dont you think that aspects relating to financial, customer expectants, internal process capabilities should be considered upfront before accepting the customer ? If the organsiation thinks they cannot meet these factors, why in the first place the Customer is accepted - should not be, right ?

However i have to come up with a aftermarket objective for my Aftermarket Department. Basically, this department services the client right after sales.
I cannot seem to figure out how to contruct this objective and what would be the measuring tools to measure this objective> anyone out there who can help me.

And the question raised by Cheryl was specifically for a department who have to serve customers after the sales is effected and this types of CSI fit the best. I know you cannot have the "IDEAL" one as the answers vary from an individual to individual but can address the customer expectations to a fair respect.

E

Ernst Kong

Ernst,

Dont you think that aspects relating to financial, customer expectants, internal process capabilities should be considered upfront before accepting the customer ? If the organsiation thinks they cannot meet these factors, why in the first place the Customer is accepted - should not be, right ?

And the question raised by Cheryl was specifically for a department who have to serve customers after the sales is effected and this types of CSI fit the best. I know you cannot have the "IDEAL" one as the answers vary from an individual to individual but can address the customer expectations to a fair respect.

:topic: Huh, i'm speechless.....almost.:mg:

To my knowledge,any organization, any one , have dreams (or vision, or destination statement, or corporate objectives,,,,etc), any dept./division within that organization MUST contribute to these objectives, hence we have departmental objectives. No company exist solely on customer satisfaction alone (never tell me you are going to please the customers at any cost,ok), it is critical, but there are other considerations, like profit to feed you and your family.

Again, please consider what Jim has said, what the company's need might be? (translation: how can u contribute to the future survival/achievement).It is not about accepting order.

Well, CSI is a good thing, but the survey isn't. Customer Satisfaction Survey is the beginning, not an end. I would never recommend anyone to use rating from a survey as an objective, espeacially so the rating looks vague at best.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Huh, i'm speechless.....almost.:mg:

Well, CSI is a good thing, but the survey isn't. Customer Satisfaction Survey is the beginning, not an end. I would never recommend anyone to use rating from a survey as an objective, espeacially so the rating looks vague at best.

:agree1:

Top Bottom