QMS for Life Sciences
Elsmar Cove Forum Sponsor
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

What's the maximum post limit in a day?

S

samsung

Out of curiosity, I was just wondering if there's any maximum limit of posts within 24 Hrs beyond which one is not permitted to reply or create new threads on the Cove .

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
In the statistics of the visitors profile, there is the posts per day shown which is the average since registration. Perhaps Marc can tell us who stands first in this stats ?

S

samsung

In the statistics of the visitors profile, there is the posts per day shown which is the average since registration. Perhaps Marc can tell us who stands first in this stats ?
No, my purpose was different. I've seen some internet forums imposing a daily post limit beyond which one can't reply but however one can edit the replies.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
No, my purpose was different. I've seen some internet forums imposing a daily post limit beyond which one can't reply but however one can edit the replies.
Yes, I get that. Perhaps within the Vbulletin s/w it is possible to fix such restrictions which is now open as Marc mentioned. My asking was just as a side note.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I have no idea. It has never been a metric I have watched. Posts per day is an unimportant number. What is important is the "quality" of each post. To some degree the "quality" of a person's posts as a measurable is tracked by Karma and "Thanked Posts".

A person who posts here has 24 hours to edit their post. After 24 hours the person must contact me to get a post edited. Going back quite a few years there was no time limit on editing posts. But, years ago, someone got upset for what ever reason and went in and deleted over 2 years of posts. Worse, that person started a lot of threads so when they deleted the first post in the thread the whole thread was deleted (that's how the software works).

Another reason for limiting editing time is that as a discussion thread progresses when someone goes in and edits an early post it can totally disrupt the "flow" of the thread.

Top Bottom