What's the quality standard adopted by BMW for its suppliers

Johnson

Quite Involved in Discussions
Are you asking for the Supplier Quality manual that BMW has, or something different?
In the past I worked for a tier 1 supplier for BMW and had the following information. But do not know if there is some change in recent years.

BMW quality standards to it's suppliers were basically based on VDA series like VDA6.3 process audit, VDA6.5 product audit, VDA4.2 Quality assurance before series production etc.

Though BMW has supplier quality manual, supplier process audit questionnaire (based on VDA6.3) , but they are not so unique as ASES for Renault Nissan and QSB for PSA and GM, Formel Q for VW etc, Q1 for Ford etc.

For your information, I attach BMW CUSTOMER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS for IATF 16949, which was published in IATF website. You can compare this specific requirements with other OEMs like GM, you don't see much special things.

Attachments

the_kakapo

Starting to get Involved
In the past I worked for a tier 1 supplier for BMW and had the following information. But do not know if there is some change in recent years.

BMW quality standards to it's suppliers were basically based on VDA series like VDA6.3 process audit, VDA6.5 product audit, VDA4.2 Quality assurance before series production etc.

Though BMW has supplier quality manual, supplier process audit questionnaire (based on VDA6.3) , but they are not so unique as ASES for Renault Nissan and QSB for PSA and GM, Formel Q for VW etc, Q1 for Ford etc.

For your information, I attach BMW CUSTOMER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS for IATF 16949, which was published in IATF website. You can compare this specific requirements with other OEMs like GM, you don't see much special things.
Thank you, that really helped a lot. But in the CSR you attached they talk about a GS 90018-1 and GS 90018-2, I looked it up and apparently, it's the group's standard for evaluating supplier's quality management systems.