What's up with the new external link-in-a-frame?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Just recently, when links from Cove posts are opened, the new window opens with a "Link From the Elsmar Cove" frame, and it causes problems with some pages. For instance, the link in this post was fine when I previewed it (and there was no frame) but the link somehow gets busted when the new frame is used.
This is the URL in question:
http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs...m.itemKey=30021759&infoParam.picGroupKey=1294
Has anyone else had problems?

Added in Edit: I should have known--the link doesn't work here, either. If you cut and paste it into your browser address bar, you'll see that it takes you to a specific product page, while with the Elsmar link, you get the right site, but "Page not Found" instead of the correct product page. :frust:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: What's up with the new link-in-a-frame?

OK - I'm trying out a redirect intercept. There are some inconsistencies I have found as well. I'll probably take it out in the near future but I want to study what it's doing for a few more days.

Long, complicated links to external sites aren't being handled correctly in some cases.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
To me, "framing" becomes an annoyance, especially when you have two scroll bars to play with. Just unsolicited feedback.:tg:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I took the redirect header out. It was just a technique I wanted to try out.

There are format changes and techniques I will try from time to time. Some will work out and some won't, but it's part of keeping the forum evolving.

Top Bottom