Wheel seal testing facility needed

S

Smythe

I am looking for a test lab tahat is set up to test large (4" - 6.25" OD) wheel seals. I am hoping to find one that has equipment in place so we don't have to pay big bucks to have the test apparatus manufactured.

Smythe

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Smythe said:
I am looking for a test lab tahat is set up to test large (4" - 6.25" OD) wheel seals. I am hoping to find one that has equipment in place so we don't have to pay big bucks to have the test apparatus manufactured.

Smythe
Please excuse me for being thick, but what sort of test do you need? To what standard? Must the facility be registered with anyone to be suitable?

S

Smythe

I apologize for the lack of information. The testing would be to SAE J110 with additional testing to determine contaminant exclusion using arizona dust.

Smythe

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
Ah! Yes, thank you. And I also apologize for failing to greet you properly--Welcome to The Cove, Smythe! :bigwave:

Now, any takers on this one?

Also, do you need your testing facility's Quality Management System to be registered to a particular standard? For example, to satisfy government or FAA contracting requirements?

S

Smythe

I would want the lab to be registered but there is no customer demanding a specific registration.

Smythe

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
Smythe said:

Smythe
Does anyone know of such a facility?

Top Bottom