Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

When they make the movie " Elsmar Cove " ....

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
re: When they make the movie " Elsmar Cove " ....

.... who do you want them to cast to play your part ?

I'm torn between Harrison Ford and Peewee Herman.
Well, James Brolin played Peewee Herman in the movie, so I guess we have a lot of latitude. Ummm how about Leslie Nielsen?

re: When they make the movie " Elsmar Cove " ....

:popcorn:for the movie... please cast Jodie foster or drew Barrymore... I don't favor them.. but think they are great!! LOL:tg:

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Ummmm, I'm not sure what started this thread. I guess I should ask what the plot is and who's going to write the screenplay.

Oh, and do I get a cut of the profits (assuming it's not a flop)?

Ummmm, I'm not sure what started this thread. I guess I should ask what the plot is and who's going to write the screenplay.

Oh, and do I get a cut of the profits (assuming it's not a flop)?
The impetus for the thread was overwork. Don't the Japanese have a word for "death by overwork" ?

The plot? It scarcely matters. No matter what good idea we come up with to get the project greenlighted, just like most good books that get made into movies, in production some damn fool will lard it up with car chases, explosions and gratuitous sex scenes between characters who despised each other in the original material.

I could write the screenplay, but see the above. When I have a good draft, they'll hand it off to some hack.

A cut of the profits? Now we're talking about contract negotiation, aka "determining customer requirements". If I were you, I'd negotiate a flat fee for sale of all the rights, with a tiny percentage of DVD sales if it exceeds a given plateau.

Top Bottom