When will ISO 9001:2000 Certificates turn into ISO 9001:2008?

N

noboost4you

Our registration to ISO 9001:2000 is about 1 year and 2 weeks old at this point. We have another surveillance audit this October and I was wondering when our certificates would change from 9001:2000 to 9001:2008? Will it occur during this surveillance audit or when our certificate expires in 2010? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Thanks

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: When will ISO 9001:2000 Cert. turn into 9001:2008?

Our registration to ISO 9001:2000 is about 1 year and 2 weeks old at this point. We have another surveillance audit this October and I was wondering when our certificates would change from 9001:2000 to 9001:2008? Will it occur during this surveillance audit or when our certificate expires in 2010? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Thanks

There has been numerous discussion on this. Try using the Search function.

Randy

Super Moderator

Probably once your Registrar gets everything lined up and says that they will do it. We've already determined that there will be no additional time required and that cert changes will happen during normal surveillance visits. We will of course need to make sure that the changes in the standard are properly addressed by the client before recommending a change in the cert.

N

noboost4you

There has been numerous discussion on this. Try using the Search function.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but searching "2008 certificates" by "search titles only" doesn't bring anything up but my post. Nor does the "similar discussion threads" at the bottom of the page suggest I could find an answer in those threads.

But thanks though

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

Correct me if I'm wrong, but searching "2008 certificates" by "search titles only" doesn't bring anything up but my post. Nor does the "similar discussion threads" at the bottom of the page suggest I could find an answer in those threads.

But thanks though

The search parameters that might work would be: ISO9001, ISO version, but I believe you will see it by looking at the main forum name.

Here is one: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=20204

and here is the sub forum: http://elsmar.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148

Paul Simpson

Probably once your Registrar gets everything lined up and says that they will do it. We've already determined that there will be no additional time required and that cert changes will happen during normal surveillance visits.
Looking at the OP. If the next visit is due in October that should be before the new standard is issued so my guess would be October 2009 for him / her.
We will of course need to make sure that the changes in the standard are properly addressed by the client before recommending a change in the cert.
You need to make sure what changes are addressed exactly, Randy :lol:?

Randy

Super Moderator
From what I understand.....just got my briefing on Friday.........the changes in applicable standard for the appropriate certs will of course be after the official release of 9001:2008. There is a definite future cutoff date by which this needs to be accomplished, and I've forgot it. I just know that no special visits will be required and no extra time is going to be needed.

N

noboost4you

The search parameters that might work would be: ISO9001, ISO version, but I believe you will see it by looking at the main forum name.

Here is one: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=20204

and here is the sub forum: http://elsmar.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148

And with all due respect, if I'm looking for an answer to a specific question, I'm not going to thumb through pages and pages of the overall topic; the new standard.

If that was the case, you may as well have one thread discussing ISO 9001:2000 and never have any other threads that discuss that topic or a part of it.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

And with all due respect, if I'm looking for an answer to a specific question, I'm not going to thumb through pages and pages of the overall topic; the new standard.

If that was the case, you may as well have one thread discussing ISO 9001:2000 and never have any other threads that discuss that topic or a part of it.

Sorry, if it wasn't what you expected. The certificate issue was discussed before in threads, about the release, and new certifications.

Just good practices if a Search function is performed to see if there were other threads that had the same subject. But, that certainly is your choice.

Top Bottom