When will registrars begin audits for IATF 16949:2016?

julsbear

Involved In Discussions
Has anyone heard when audits to IATF 16949:2016 will begin? Or do we need to wait for the guidance to be published in November?

L

Lieven

Hello,

Latest news and timing:
Standard published October 1st
New Rules published November 1st
The earliest the external audits can start is January 1st 2017, if the auditors are already qualified of course.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Thank you for responding. For the benefit of our Members, can you cite the source of this information?

bpritts

Involved - Posts
The dates posted by Lieven are consistent with what I have reviewed on the IATF website.

To add my interpretation/ opinion, previous new TS releases have required quite a bit of elapsed time for the majority of auditors to get fully through the training/testing loop, so I would predict a similar auditor supply shortage early in 2017. In addition to the needed time to take the courses and qualification test, invariably a few "seasoned" (at 61 myself I'm not going to call them "old"!!!) auditors to retire from TS practice.

Brad

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Has anyone heard when audits to IATF 16949:2016 will begin? Or do we need to wait for the guidance to be published in November?

that will depend a lot on when your registrar is ready, and when your system is stable and ready....but what is the rush?

julsbear

Involved In Discussions
I have just joined a young firm with no registration. We are looking to be registered late in the second quarter of 2017. I am exploring our options:

A) Register as planned to TS 16949 on this time frame and have to re-register to IATF in 2018.

B) Register a little later to IATF 16949 and be an early adopter with a possible competitive advantage.

I am unsure how patient our customers will be and how a new system and a newly trained auditor force will work out.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
I have just joined a young firm with no registration. We are looking to be registered late in the second quarter of 2017. I am exploring our options:

A) Register as planned to TS 16949 on this time frame and have to re-register to IATF in 2018.

B) Register a little later to IATF 16949 and be an early adopter with a possible competitive advantage.

I am unsure how patient our customers will be and how a new system and a newly trained auditor force will work out.

You can safely base your implementation efforts on the new ISO 9001:2015, and the requirements in the current TS-16949.

The new structure will be followed in the new IATF 16949, and the current TS requirements will largely remain in place. Then, in a few weeks, when the new IATF 16949 comes out, you can fill in the remaining pieces. If done right, you will not have to undo anything, but I would base it on the new 10-clause structure and not the old 8 clause structure. Of course, the whole thing should be process based in the first place.

Good luck...

Top Bottom