When will Revision 5 of the AIAG FMEA Manual be released?

Sebastian

Really trusted?
Trusted
I read draft more or less briefly yesterday evening.
1. It is good that AIAG have supported approach "Automotive industry for incompetent" and next manual is more literal than previous one. This is automotive reality and we can observe it here too.
2. It is very bad that special characteristics were removed from DFMEA. Is this related to lack of designers' knowledge how part they design are assembled, functioning and therefore assigning all responsibility to manufacturing plants, they are carrying anyway?

A1.1 Special Characteristics said:
In the case of noncompliance, characteristics which lead directly to a failure effect of product functions in regard to safety, fit, function, performance, further processing of the product, or compliance to government regulations and industry standards may be identified as Special Characteristics.
Yeah!!! Who should know it first and share his(her) knowledge? PFMEA team?? Oh really?? What is a benefit from saving few seconds job related to putting SC symbol in DFMEA?

I hope you get my point and I kindly ask native English speaker for giving their feedback to AIAG regarding this matter.

Last edited:
Hi all.

I am trying to reach the FMEA 5th draft.
But AIAG website has a problem with creating accounts I think. Authorization mail is not coming and so I could not download it from there.

May you give advice how can I find this book?

Last edited:

Jim123

Registered Visitor
I hope this draft will not come. In my 20 years experience with FMEA for Europe and US customers, I found the 4th edition as the best method description ever. The new draft is confusing in a lot of chapters especially the rating tables for Process FMEA are really bad.
Too much unnecessary descritions and confusing statements. Keep it simple and clear, makes it better.

Hi all,

I'm looking, me too, for the draft of the new AIAG-VDA FMEA 5th version. Unfortunately it was downloadable only until the end of february from AIAG site, but I missed this opportunity. Reading this forum I understand you should have got it.

Could anyone please forward to me?

Many Thanks
Massimo

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi all,

I'm looking, me too, for the draft of the new AIAG-VDA FMEA 5th version. Unfortunately it was downloadable only until the end of february from AIAG site, but I missed this opportunity. Reading this forum I understand you should have got it.

Could anyone please forward to me?

Many Thanks
Massimo
This document was available for limited time viewing on the AIAG website for AIAG Members only. It is no longer there.

Top Bottom